Login   Register   FAQ   Search 

Postby miller240 » Jun 30, 2014 3:13 pm

I'm hoping they go all out with splash works next year. And we can assume they will considering how much they spend on new rides every year

http://www.proslide.com/ride/hybrid-rides/

http://www.proslide.com/ride/custom-complexes/

Maybe riptide racer 2
http://www.proslide.com/ride/octopusracer/

I know I'm dreaming big but our last expansio was in 2002 so we deserve something new and original
miller240

Junior CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » Jun 30, 2014 3:49 pm

Johnny Au wrote:This is why I suggested a maze similar to that in Ontario Place. It is very much a walk-in attraction, so capacity should not be too much of an issue.

Capacity of a maze is excellent and the maze can have multiple themes depending on the time of year such as haunted for Halloween Haunt. That would be neat and I agree, capacity wouldn't be an issue. 8)

I also agree with miller240 because Splashworks hasn't received anything new since 2002 which was Riptide Racer and Barracuda Blaster, which are both fun. I also agree that Splashworks needs something completely different from anything there. Proslide has developed many new slide designs in the past few years so it would be nice to see something different added to the Splashworks collection because there is room for it. 8)
Been to Canada's Wonderland and Kings Island this year! Thanks for the wonderful season Canada's Wonderland! See you next year!

Johnlloyd

Junior CWManiac

Postby xlcanada » Jun 30, 2014 8:36 pm

When I was younger Mega Maze at Ontario Place required guests to swipe their cards at specific locations to rack up points. The maze wasn't totally a walk through and required guests to actually spend time to search for these locations. The maze also had outdoor and indoor portions. The novelty will decrease quickly if the maze was installed at CW.
At the speed of life, we are bound to crash with each other.

xlcanada

CWManiac

Postby Johnny Au » Jul 01, 2014 12:30 pm

xlcanada wrote:When I was younger Mega Maze at Ontario Place required guests to swipe their cards at specific locations to rack up points. The maze wasn't totally a walk through and required guests to actually spend time to search for these locations. The maze also had outdoor and indoor portions. The novelty will decrease quickly if the maze was installed at CW.

That is true. However, there is a generation of people who never had the opportunity to visit the Mega Maze.

To be fair, the maze looks dated by 2010s standards, so it can be updated if it were to be relocated to Wonderland.
Johnny Au

Junior CWManiac

Postby kunpc1 » Jul 02, 2014 5:10 am

I'm going to stick with the plan that I've predicted over the last few years... BIG Splash Works overhaul in 2015 and our next BIG coaster in 2016. Hopefully there will be some early signs of what's to come that pop up this season.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney

kunpc1

Postby greghill » Jul 28, 2014 3:03 pm

Went by the park yesterday, lots of green sprayed markings on the hill where Wipeout once stood!
greghill

CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » Jul 28, 2014 5:09 pm

greghill wrote:Went by the park yesterday, lots of green sprayed markings on the hill where Wipeout once stood!

Makes sense! That spot has been sitting empty for 10 years now and needs a slide to call that plot of land home. :yes:
Been to Canada's Wonderland and Kings Island this year! Thanks for the wonderful season Canada's Wonderland! See you next year!

Johnlloyd

Junior CWManiac

Postby Futurerobotblox » Jul 29, 2014 5:57 pm

I really hope Splash Works is getting revamped. There haven't been many changes in the past few years, and i'm really getting tired of going on ''Black Hole'' and ''Barracuda Blaster'' over and over again, being my favorite slides there. 2016 I really want to see Ziz :3
BACKLOT STUNT COASTER COUNTER:

Futurerobotblox

New CWManiac

Postby Qdriver » Jul 30, 2014 5:25 pm

Futurerobotblox wrote:I really hope Splash Works is getting revamped. There haven't been many changes in the past few years, and i'm really getting tired of going on ''Black Hole'' and ''Barracuda Blaster'' over and over again, being my favorite slides there. 2016 I really want to see Ziz :3

With the new indoor/outdoor park being developed here, I wouldn't be surprised that Splash Works gets a closer look over the next while. If so I really hope it doesn't take away from any continued progress on the ride side, progress which has been so incredible over recent memory.

Qdriver

Junior CWManiac

Postby Honorarius » Jul 30, 2014 5:58 pm

Qdriver wrote:With the new indoor/outdoor park being developed here, I wouldn't be surprised that Splash Works gets a closer look over the next while. If so I really hope it doesn't take away from any continued progress on the ride side, progress which has been so incredible over recent memory.

Splash Works is in even a deeper rut now than the 'ride side' was in the dark-age before the ownership change... It really, really needs something new...

Honorarius

Junior CWManiac

Postby kunpc1 » Aug 03, 2014 5:43 pm

With the recent waterpark overhauls at other Cedar Fair parks (see Worlds of Fun & Dorney Park) along with the rumoured Soak City re-branding & expansion at Kings Dominion, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a complete overhaul with Splash Works.

New slides, new shops/restaurants, new landscaping. A complete overhaul for 2015 to hold us over until the next big coaster in 2016.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney

kunpc1

Postby Qdriver » Aug 04, 2014 1:01 am

Well I guess a complete overhaul would be nice...I can imagine some pretty epic stuff like one or two of those wicked drop slides :yes:

Qdriver

Junior CWManiac

Postby maxudaskin » Aug 06, 2014 11:52 am

Since we all know by now that Skyrider will operate it's last passenger run on September 1, 2014, we can surely speculate that the ride is to be removed before winter hits. Does this mean that it will be replaced by flats, or by the station to a better coaster?
maxudaskin

Junior CWManiac

Postby CoasterGeek64 » Aug 06, 2014 12:58 pm

I'm betting on that rumored B&M wing coaster. As for it being a launched coaster like Thunderbird at Holiday World, I'm not so sure. It seems pretty likely though.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons BACK!"
-Cave Johnson
CoasterGeek64

Junior CWManiac

Postby Honorarius » Aug 06, 2014 2:01 pm

maxudaskin wrote:Does this mean that it will be replaced by flats, or by the station to a better coaster?

It's the latter, I'd bet a funnel cake on it...

Honorarius

Junior CWManiac

PreviousNext