Login   Register   FAQ   Search 

Postby Wilde Beast » Apr 26, 2014 12:23 pm

Do any of the other rides have the 1981 logo or new signage/theming?

Where does Guardian's exit come out of?
Wilde Beast

Junior CWManiac

Postby Duck » Apr 26, 2014 3:49 pm

I've ridden 445 different coasters around the world.

Duck

CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » Apr 26, 2014 4:32 pm

Thanks for finding those photos of WMG's cars. It gives me an idea of how fast they will load/unload the cars. 8)
Been to Canada's Wonderland and Kings Island this year! Thanks for the wonderful season Canada's Wonderland! See you next year!

Johnlloyd

Junior CWManiac

Postby kunpc1 » Apr 26, 2014 4:47 pm

Big Wonder Mountain's Guardian update! There is still a lot of work to do (especially repairing the mountain facade) but it looks like they're ready to start doing full circuit testing very soon. Now, on to the photos! (Click on each picture for a full size picture of each)

IMG_0771.JPG
Entrance sign

IMG_0655.JPG
The entrance is just to the right of the washroom entrance

IMG_0768.JPG
Soon to be the entrance, queue and station area (in the mountain)

IMG_0760.JPG
Station area

IMG_0665.JPG
Lift, turn and gradual "drop"

IMG_0750.JPG
The big "drop" after the turn off the lift hill

IMG_0680.JPG
Entering back in to the mountain after the the lift, turn and "drop"

IMG_0683.JPG
It enters the mountain near Vortex's lift (right above the old waterfall area and the exit used for last season's Haunts in the mountain)

IMG_0752.JPG
Some of the supports are VERY close between Vortex and Guardian

IMG_0754.JPG
Another angle of those super close supports

IMG_0765.JPG
The ride departs the station area and makes a 180 degree turn towards the lift hill - the opening for the exit is just to the left of the steel doors seen under the lift hill

IMG_0767.JPG
You can somewhat see the exit area towards the left of the picture. You will walk along the path towards the right and re-enter the midway near the 180 degree turn out of the mountain towards the lift
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney

kunpc1

Postby kunpc1 » Apr 26, 2014 4:50 pm

And what kind of update would this be without vehicle pictures??? (Click on each picture for a full size picture of each)

IMG_0740.JPG

Posted to CoasterCrew's Facebook page (CWfansite):

-Walt Disney

kunpc1

Postby xlcanada » Apr 26, 2014 5:10 pm

Great pics! Thanks for the update! The vehicles definitely remind me of Toy Story Mania. I seriously can't wait till Friday!

At the speed of life, we are bound to crash with each other.

xlcanada

CWManiac

Postby Dom497 » Apr 26, 2014 5:27 pm

Wait, the queue is going to be that small???
Dom497

CWManiac

Postby Duck » Apr 26, 2014 5:50 pm

I think it's safe to assume that the queue will be located inside the mountain. Where else could it go?

Duck

CWManiac

Postby kunpc1 » Apr 26, 2014 6:02 pm

Yes, the majority of the queue will be located in the mountain.
-Walt Disney

kunpc1

Postby RealisticTrain » Apr 26, 2014 6:34 pm

If the laser guns are built into the cars, I wonder how you'll be able to aim with them. I assumed they would be tethered to the car but that you'd pick them up and hold them. I guess now you just point in the general direction of the enemy and hope you hit it?

As well, can anybody make out what type of restraint is on there? Is it a lap bar of some sort?
RealisticTrain

Junior CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » Apr 26, 2014 6:37 pm

RealisticTrain wrote:If the laser guns are built into the cars, I wonder how you'll be able to aim with them. I assumed they would be tethered to the car but that you'd pick them up and hold them. I guess now you just point in the general direction of the enemy and hope you hit it?

As well, can anybody make out what type of restraint is on there? Is it a lap bar of some sort?

It looks like a lap bar restraint to me. But It could just be a seat belt, but judging by the heights and speeds WMG could be reaching I think they would have lap bars installed. This is only my opinion. 8)
Been to Canada's Wonderland and Kings Island this year! Thanks for the wonderful season Canada's Wonderland! See you next year!

Johnlloyd

Junior CWManiac

Postby Duck » Apr 26, 2014 8:04 pm

RealisticTrain wrote:If the laser guns are built into the cars, I wonder how you'll be able to aim with them. I assumed they would be tethered to the car but that you'd pick them up and hold them. I guess now you just point in the general direction of the enemy and hope you hit it?

I'd imagine that the "gun" is fixed on a gimbal so that you can rotate it (pitch/yaw) to aim for a target - but it's not a hazard if you let go, like it would be if it were simply tethered.

The restraints are a large lap bar with ankle restraint bar, similar to Stunt Track. Handgrips built into the lap bar, and a handle along the side for the operators to check that they're locked.

Duck

CWManiac

Postby Dom497 » Apr 26, 2014 8:32 pm

So according to someone on TPR, WMG will open "later in the season".... :(
Dom497

CWManiac

Postby RealisticTrain » Apr 26, 2014 8:36 pm

Well, trains are on the track and there have been reports of tests the past few days so I think the ride is going to be ready in a few days/weeks. I think the biggest issue right now is going to be the scenery as it looks like the mountain is pretty damaged.
RealisticTrain

Junior CWManiac

Postby Dom497 » Apr 26, 2014 8:38 pm

RealisticTrain wrote:Well, trains are on the track and there have been reports of tests the past few days so I think the ride is going to be ready in a few days/weeks. I think the biggest issue right now is going to be the scenery as it looks like the mountain is pretty damaged.

Not all the trains are on yet and a full test run appears to not have yet happened.
Dom497

CWManiac

PreviousNext