Login   Register   FAQ   Search 

Postby julioot » Aug 21, 2013 9:08 am

I think the problem with spinning coasters isnt the naussea but the capacity. And for some reason I really dont see a coaster happening inside the mountain. It might be to soon for a new coaster. But the other reason might be that an indoor coaster isnt as marketable as an outdoor in plain sight coaster.

If wonderland is getting something new, and this isnt just maintenance. My bets are on a dark ride, shooter like ride. Wich would fit perfectly with a inside of a mountain theme. A nice flat would be a second bet, this could be anything though.
julioot

New CWManiac

Postby sal123 » Aug 21, 2013 1:13 pm

does anyone think they are starting on a large 2015 project. or is it too early?

it would be cool if b and m comes out with their launched coasters. I would love to see a coaster launching out of the mountain and interacting with vortex :p
sal123

Junior CWManiac

Postby khris » Aug 21, 2013 6:18 pm

Well according to the Cedar Fair News Twitter (not official):
"Some hints on the side of Wonderland Mountain for a #2014 attraction @WonderlandNews"
https://twitter.com/CedarFairNews/statu ... 5615093760

And Wonderland's Twitter (official):
"@CedarFairNews Stay tuned for our #CW2014 Announcement on Friday August 30th! What could it be??"
https://twitter.com/WonderlandNews/stat ... 9839070208

So whatever it is we're getting, it's for 2014.

khris

Junior CWManiac

Postby Dom497 » Aug 21, 2013 11:13 pm

Who told Lance that Thunder Run will be closing?!?! That ride is really popular and I can't see it going anywhere!!!

Then again, I could be wrong :?
Dom497

CWManiac

Postby cedarpointfan1 » Aug 22, 2013 7:05 am

Guess we will find out if that little rumour is true in 8 days. I am starting to believe that we will be Cedar Fairs Guinea Pig again and be the first park to receive this new Dark Ride concept.
Leviathan Ride Count...197
Coaster Count........136

cedarpointfan1

Postby loop-de-loop » Aug 22, 2013 7:51 am

Dom497 wrote:Who told Lance that Thunder Run will be closing?!?! That ride is really popular and I can't see it going anywhere!!!

Then again, I could be wrong :?

I don't think he knows how much room is in the mountain, and he is just trying to make a good guess. Of all the rides in Wonderland to remove, Thunder Run should go nowhere. It is a great ride for the whole family, it is still very popular, and it takes up very little space. I know a lot of the GP would be extremely mad if they removed Thunder Run. For a park trying to thrill the whole family, I think this would be a step backwards, even if the new ride is a family ride too. I just don't see the advantage to removing Thunder Run.

loop-de-loop

Junior CWManiac

Postby jokey » Aug 22, 2013 9:54 am

^^ I don't mind Wonderland being Cedar Fair's guinea pig as long as the park keeps improving. I also don't see the benefit in removing Thunder Run. It doesn't take up much space inside the mountain and there is still a significant amount of space that could be used.

jokey

Junior CWManiac

Postby pcwnut » Aug 22, 2013 10:23 am

I am personally hoping that it's a dark ride. As much as I'd love to add to my coaster count, I really think the most modern parks are missing a good dark ride.

A dark ride could be a coaster too, for example The Dragon at Legoland Florida is part dark ride, part coaster.

With Matt Ouimet coming from Disney and mentioning that a dark ride would be coming to a Cedar Fair park, I am crossing my fingers that this will indeed be for Wonderland.
- Joshua McLachlan aka PCWNUT
(yes, I know the P doesn't matter anymore ;) )

pcwnut

Junior CWManiac

Postby kunpc1 » Aug 22, 2013 10:35 am

Sorry for the delay (and blurry pic), but here are a couple pictures of the hole in the mountain: Oh, I'm also doing my best to get to the bottom of this Thunder Run removal rumour. I haven't heard of this yet and hope it isn't true!

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney

kunpc1

Postby CoasterEv » Aug 22, 2013 10:47 am

Cedar fair has been hinting on a dark ride for quite some time now. I have a good feeling CW will be getting a new one of these for next year. While a spinning coaster would be awesome, it seems like they would have to remove Thunder Run and do a LOT of work in order to get another coaster in there, and running for next season.

My money is on a new dark ride! :yes:
Coaster Count: 58 and rising! :D

CoasterEv

Junior CWManiac

Postby Qdriver » Aug 22, 2013 11:02 am

Yeah Baby here we go.

Dark ride is fine but again as we long continue look ahead to something more major coaster wise in the near future, I'm a very happy camper. If that holds true then 2 attractions hitting CW in short order. I love Cedar Fair, great job and fantastic vision.

As for Thunder Run, that could be tragic. Very popular especially with the kids, and Line up is usually insane there. Hate to give up one for another.

Qdriver

New CWManiac

Postby cedarpointfan1 » Aug 22, 2013 11:12 am

If this does end up being a dark ride I know it won't be up there in terms of anything Univeral offers but if it's close to Curse of Darkastle at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg in terms of quality then I will be tickled pink :yes:
Leviathan Ride Count...197
Coaster Count........136

cedarpointfan1

Postby CoasterEv » Aug 22, 2013 11:37 am

cedarpointfan1 wrote:If this does end up being a dark ride I know it won't be up there in terms of anything Univeral offers but if it's close to Curse of Darkastle at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg in terms of quality then I will be tickled pink :yes:

That would be amazing! Who knows, maybe CF will drop some serious coin on setting up a really good dark ride at CW. I Haven't been to all of the CF parks yet so I'm not 100% sure if there is a legit one at another park.... but if they are setting one up at CW to set the bar, we're in for a treat! This is more and more starting to sound like a dark ride installation. Screamscape has had it rumored for awhile that CW is getting another large coaster for the 2015 season (Assuming Sky Rider is finally getting the chop), and they're usually very accurate! So it would make sense budget-wise that they would be putting in a Dark ride attraction if the 2015 rumors are true. :D :yes:

CoasterEv

Junior CWManiac

Postby Dom497 » Aug 22, 2013 11:49 am

CoasterEv wrote:Screamscape has had it rumored for awhile that CW is getting another large coaster for the 2015 season (Assuming Sky Rider is finally getting the chop), and they're usually very accurate! So it would make sense budget-wise that they would be putting in a Dark ride attraction if the 2015 rumors are true. :D :yes:

Lance (Screamscape) gets his info from right here on CW Mania. A few days (or even maybe the day after) kunpc1 mentioned possible TLC/new slide for Splash Works, Screamscape had it. Then, as soon as Mamba was trademarked and mentioned here, Screamscape had it within 72 hours. Finally, when someone mentioned SkyRider possibly being removed.....you know what happened.

Also, I emailed Lance and it turns out the Thunder Run rumor was his idea. He thinks that the dragon scene in Thunder Run can be better used with a dark ride.

Finally, it doesn't look like Breakfast Television will announce the new ride....CW just sent out an email saying they will announce it on Facebook.
Last edited by Dom497 on Aug 22, 2013 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dom497

CWManiac

Postby CoasterEv » Aug 22, 2013 11:53 am

^^ Ahhhh fair enough. I read Screamscape every day... it's been quite some time since I have been on the CWMania website. Otherwise, probably would have seen that earlier in the thread lol ;P .....Really interested to see what's in store for us!!

CoasterEv

Junior CWManiac

PreviousNext