Login   Register   FAQ   Search 

Postby coasterboy » Apr 06, 2013 8:24 am

Let's use this forum to keep track of everything we know about 2013:

1 - Dinosaurs alive will be updated
2 - New shows including an updated Starlight Spectacular with new fountains at the front gate, Charlie Brown's Jungle Journey and British Invasion
3 - New food options including Beaver Tails and The Chicken Shack
4 - FastLane Plus will be introduced
5 - Monsters of the Deep in 3D at the Action Theatre

We'll keep the first post up to date as we learn more. What do you think about what's new for 2013? Will you check out the new scene in Dino's? Will you be there opening night of Starlight Spectacular eating a Beaver Tail?

Post your thoughts!

coasterboy

Admin

Postby coasterboy » Apr 06, 2013 8:36 am

Oh... and in all the 2013 marketing emails there are 3 CWManiac's featured:

coasterboy

Admin

Postby TheCrypt » Apr 09, 2013 7:26 pm

I totally missed the fact Wonderland's getting new fountains at the front gate. Do you have a link?

TheCrypt

Junior CWManiac

Postby emery96 » Apr 09, 2013 11:54 pm

Couldn't find any sort of official announcement from the park itself, but this video has been floating around for a while now that mentions it.

emery96

Junior CWManiac

Postby kunpc1 » Apr 10, 2013 7:31 pm

It has been mentioned that Wonderland and the former King's parks will be getting new fountains. I'm surprised they're doing this after spending a good chunk of money on all new LED lights recently. Any upgrade is welcome to keep things fresh around the park!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney

kunpc1

Postby coasterboy » Apr 12, 2013 7:29 am

From the "Live Entertainment" page on Wonderland's website:

Starlight Spectacular

Illumination of Water
June 22 - August 31
Approximately 10:00 PM nightly

New for 2013! Prepare to have your imagination come to life as Starlight Spectacular showcases an all new breath-taking illumination of water, special effects and brilliant bursts of colour as our fountain dances to a stunning composition of inspirational music set to the magic of Wonder Mountain.

coasterboy

Admin

Postby BrotherJay » Apr 12, 2013 5:06 pm

I know, I am probably reading into this too much (always sarcasm with me). I hope we are not underwhelmed by the singular fountain. :lol: Hope it was just a typo, or that they are not as literal as I am.

On one side I picture the Wonderful World of Color by Disney, and on the other hand I picture something that simply pales by comparison. Something that just blocks the view of the mountain from the front gates. I really do hope they found someone with a creative flair and gave them a matching budget.

At the end of the day I think we can all agree, it does feel great when you stand before something in Wonderland that really and truly impresses - and have the privilege of saying...

This is MY park!
BrotherJay

Junior CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » Apr 16, 2013 12:30 pm

There's another new show coming this season called British Invasion that will be held at International showplace. So that means they aren't going to show start me up which was very good. Also for the Kids there will be Charlie Browns Jungle Journey at Playhouse Theatre featuring the Peanut Gang.Also for food they took You Go Grill from Action Zone and placed The Chicken shack in it's place. The chicken shack will be serving (I bet you could guess) Everything chicken! Sounds like a great season for Live Entertainment and food once again at Canada's Wonderland. :D
Going to Canada's Wonderland and been to Kings Island this summer!

Johnlloyd

Junior CWManiac

Postby coasterboy » Apr 17, 2013 4:01 pm

Top posted updated with Today's new announcement:

NEW - Monsters of the Deep 3D

Journey to the depths of the sea and encounter the prehistoric sea creatures that ruled during the dinosaur era in this incredible underwater 3D adventure!

Duration: 11 minutes
Admission: $1 when purchased in combination with Dinosaurs Alive!
$3 when purchased at entrance to Action Theatre (movie only; $1 for Season Passholders).

coasterboy

Admin

Postby HAUNT MANIAC » Apr 26, 2013 2:35 pm

I wonder when they did this? Was it a test for what the fountains are going to look like this year?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlH2aJ2AQ78

It looks AMAZING!

HAUNT MANIAC

Junior CWManiac

Postby Dom497 » Apr 26, 2013 6:27 pm

That was done every night as the post show (along with some other songs like Firework) after SS ended in 2011 and 2012.
Dom497

CWManiac

Postby HAUNT MANIAC » Apr 27, 2013 10:38 am

mmmmm . . . I saw Starlight Spectacular maybe only twice last year but I never saw the fountains do that. Maybe I was getting some funnel cakes, HA! They look soooo cool. I hope they do something like that again this year!

HAUNT MANIAC

Junior CWManiac

Postby Dom497 » Apr 27, 2013 4:33 pm

^We No Speak Americano was the third or fourth song after the show ended (about 10-15 minutes after) so unless you stayed, maybe that's why you missed it. Also, I think I remember the park changed how the fountains "dance" for the 2012 season as I remember the 2011 version was different. (I don't know how I remember all this stuff...I just do!)
Dom497

CWManiac

Postby kunpc1 » Apr 27, 2013 7:46 pm

It's time for an update of some of the new things around the park for the 2013 season. Check out all the pictures here:

http://www.cwmania.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=269

International Street has been spruced up with lots of paint and new signs.

New funnel cake sign.

If you remember, this corner use to be a sci-fi themed area back when Paramount owned the park.

The entire store has been opened up. You would walk through a "portal" from the main gift shop to the sci-fi area that is shown in the far end of this picture.

Speaking of paint and freshening up, Time Warp has been repainted. The supports are a solid dark blue from the bottom to the top with the track being painted a darker yellow. No more faded teal up top.

It's a little hard to tell from this picture, but Silver Streak's supports are being repainted a light gray colour. The pictures make it seem like it's a white primer.

Sledgehammer's overhaul is ongoing.

The main shaft is still missing. Hopefully we'll be able to give you all an update soon.

SkyRider has gotten some paint-love too. Notice the retro logo on the bottoms of the trains. A FastLane path has also been added for this season.

Brand new seat coverings and lap bars for Minebuster. It actually wasn't too bad today, although we did ride in the front row.

From Minebuster to Behemoth...

Behemoth gave us LOTS of airtime as usual. The sunny, warm spring day and no trims made for a great ride. We did notice that the vibrations are still there like previous years. It doesn't seem as though the repairs were made as mentioned last fall.

White Water Canyon is still being prepped for the warmer temps. These are the planks that create the waves/rapids along the flume.

A FastLane path has also been added to Timber Wolf Falls so you can cool off without the wait this summer.

A few of the parks old trees had to be removed but they were replaced with this nice area along with a new sitting area for the near-by restaurant.

You can still check out a piece of the removed trees in the Starbucks. All you need to do is pull up a chair.

The new movie playing in the Action FX Theatre.

And the pricing for the above mentioned new film.

This has replaced "You Go Grill" in the Action Zone. And right beside it is one of the new locations of Beaver Tails!

The other location is in KidzVille near the antique cars.

In case you're curious, here are the flavors available and associated prices.

Mmmmmm.... Delicious!

They've also added options to roll your ice cream cookiewich in at the Cookie Cafe.

Doe anyone know what's missing in this picture? Oh, a bottle of Coke will now run you $4.00! And vitamin water is $4.75!

The wax candles made from your hand mold had returned to the park. This is located in KidzVille near Taxi Jam.

Behemoth vs Leviathan!

Leviathan was running great today. FAST with no trims!

TV's have been popping up in queues around the park like this one in Leviathan's queue. None were playing anything today.

A countdown clock has been added to the front of Leviathan's station.

The clock counts down from 45 seconds as soon as the restraints open after the train returns to the station.

There are two of these. One for the left 2 seats and one for the right 2 seats. It shows when the restraint has been pulled/pushed down at least 2 clicks (require to dispatch).

WindSeeker was testing.

And eventually opened for us to enjoy a great view of the park.

And here is the new evac-platform in case we get stuck 300 ft in the air. These two arms connect around the tower.

Once attached around the tower, the arms can rotate all the way around on these wheels.

Here is the basket you`ll hop in to and be lowered down in 2 at a time.

And the controls for the evac-platform.

And finally, the fountains! The bottom of the fountains has been painted black. I`m not sure I really like it...

The original fountains are all still there along with the new LED lights that were added last season.

There are 3 sets of 8 ``water canons`` that have been added down the middle.

This picture really gives a good perspective of how big these new fountains are compared to the much smaller original one (on the right side of this picture).

Cirque Ambiente returns June 22 in the Wonderland Theatre.

And don`t forget about Victoria Day Fireworks on Sunday, May 19!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney

kunpc1

Postby jokey » Apr 27, 2013 8:20 pm

The wait to get out of school next friday is going to be unbearable :'(

jokey

Junior CWManiac

Next