Login   Register   FAQ   Search 

Postby kunpc1 » Sep 27, 2012 9:25 pm

kunpc1 wrote:I can't wait to SEE if the park has any other surprises when it comes to theming ;)

Next time you swing by the park, I'm sure you'll SEE something new ;). Be sure to give Leviathan a spin at night for a special treat!

IMG_4193 EDIT.jpg
New Leviathan eyes on the tunnel!

IMG_4195 EDIT.jpg
Wait 'til you see these things at night!

I wondering if the park has anything else up their sleeves for Leviathan in the future... :whistle:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney

kunpc1

Postby BrotherJay » Sep 27, 2012 9:38 pm

Thanks for the pics. I am heading that way on Sat, possibly Sun as well and will have to see what your talking about ;)

Still holding out hope for the addition of smoke sometime.
BrotherJay

Junior CWManiac

Postby TheCrypt » Sep 27, 2012 10:37 pm

Is it just me, or does the tunnel feel hastily tacked on and rushed? It seems very condensed, made out of sheet metal, and 2 eyes that really don't match the surroundings. Not to mention light seeps in from underneath the tunnel walls. Will you even be able to register what the 2 lighted emblems are, speeding by on Leviathan?

TheCrypt

Junior CWManiac

Postby kunpc1 » Sep 28, 2012 6:17 am

I have a very good feeling they aren't done with that tunnel yet.
-Walt Disney

kunpc1

Postby cedarpointfan1 » Sep 28, 2012 4:45 pm

I'll be at the park tomorrow for my last trip of the year....Going to guess that those eyes will be all lit up at night. That should be interesting to look down at when hanging 306 feet in the air in the front row. Now all the tunnel needs is some teeth ;)
Leviathan Ride Count...226
Coaster Count........168

cedarpointfan1

Postby Dom497 » Sep 29, 2012 12:27 pm

Those eyes really look out of place... :unsure:
Dom497

CWManiac

Postby canadaswonderlandguy » Sep 30, 2012 10:29 am

Just a curiosity did anyone notice that Leviathan has the world's longest brake run? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5fvwSb7 ... ture=g-u-u (It is stated between 3:20 and 3:30 of the video)
canadaswonderlandguy

Junior CWManiac

Postby CedarFair » Sep 30, 2012 10:51 am

not true, coasters like top thrill dragster and kingda ka have the longest break runs.
CedarFair

CWManiac

Postby Dom497 » Sep 30, 2012 3:12 pm

The guy speaking was probably joking. After Leviathan was announced and the brake run was constructed, memebers over at TPR (and maybe here) joked about it being the worlds largest break run for weeks and weeks.
Dom497

CWManiac

Postby kunpc1 » Sep 30, 2012 3:17 pm

Really? We're still talking about the brake run? :bash:
-Walt Disney

kunpc1

Postby thusoccer » Sep 30, 2012 5:54 pm

does anyone have picture's of the tunnel with the eye's at night?
thusoccer

Junior CWManiac

Postby Dom497 » Sep 30, 2012 7:20 pm

I was just thinking about the eyes of the tunnel and it just came to me that now Leviathan is eating Leviathan. The tunnel is leviathan and the trains are leviathan. :doh:
Dom497

CWManiac

Postby pcwnut » Oct 01, 2012 9:31 am

canadaswonderlandguy wrote:Just a curiosity did anyone notice that Leviathan has the world's longest brake run? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5fvwSb7 ... ture=g-u-u (It is stated between 3:20 and 3:30 of the video)

I was the one doing the video and yes, that was indeed a joke. It was not just members of TPR joking about it, there are tons of people and groups that make the reference. I was just kind of poking fun at it. and not trying to diminish the coasters value or greatness. Just poking a little fun and trying to lighten up the tone of the video.

Haunt is looking great this year. I will be there the first two weekends for sure and possibly the 3rd as well.

Cannot wait to see the new Cique Halloween show.
- Joshua McLachlan aka PCWNUT
(yes, I know the P doesn't matter anymore ;) )

pcwnut

Junior CWManiac

Postby pcwnut » Oct 01, 2012 12:26 pm

CedarFair wrote:Sorry, I hate to complain but I must agree, Wonderland and Leviathan was robbed but even more skyrush was robbed even more by completely not making the top list at all.. Wildeagle did not deserve best new ride at all Verbolten, Skyrush & Leviathan deserved top spots.

Skyrush, for me, does not deserve to be in the top 10. I find that any ride you need to "learn to ride comfortably" is not a good ride. If they can fix the restraint issue, and yes I was on with the "softer" restraints in August, then it could improve on my list, but till then I find its not even in my top 20.

Wild Eagle is a great ride. Again, it suffered for the restraints digging into my shoulders, but it was a great ride that fits that park perfectly. Verbolten I think would've taken top spots for me in terms of new rides for 2012. Great theme. Able to have a wide audience. Good, fun, exciting ride.

Either way, the Golden Tickets are kind of just a joke how they work anyways, so you have to take them all with a grain of salt. Either you love em or you hate em. I personally hate them but love laughing at them every year.
- Joshua McLachlan aka PCWNUT
(yes, I know the P doesn't matter anymore ;) )

pcwnut

Junior CWManiac

Postby COASTERcoma » Oct 12, 2012 1:35 am

I will say that coming over the top of leviathan's hill and seeing those eye's looking up at you all lit up is really cool....Top notch Wonderland!! lol
It's been a rollercoaster life but it hasn't been boring--CoMaToKeD

COASTERcoma

Junior CWManiac

PreviousNext