Login   Register   FAQ   Search 

Postby rollin_n_coastin » May 27, 2011 10:14 am

Hey everyone, thought I'd start this up now that Windseeker is open. I've been twice while the park was working on the ride so am looking forward to hearing thoughts on it.

What did you think? For anyone that's been on a Starflyer, how does it compare?

It looks awesome and even as a Starflyer fan, I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

rollin_n_coastin

Junior CWManiac

Postby kunpc1 » May 27, 2011 10:28 am

Bumped into the WindSeeker thread...
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney

kunpc1

Postby coasterguy77 » May 28, 2011 4:47 pm

So does anybody know if it's up yet?
"Where's that monkey? I want to shoot something!"

coasterguy77

CWManiac

Postby CedarFair » May 28, 2011 5:01 pm

was just there its back tot he old construction phase, lots of catwalks doing work on it water dummies back in the seats and not a single test run done on it today..
CedarFair

CWManiac

Postby kunpc1 » May 28, 2011 6:09 pm

That unfortunate to hear... Glad I didn't bother making the trip up today to try and get a ride in.
-Walt Disney

kunpc1

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Jun 02, 2011 12:44 pm

Yikes, sorry for jumping the gun on this one :)

I only know a few people from work that were able to go on it the night it opened. They said it was 'ok', about a 4 out of 10 on the thrill factor. To me, it seems like a great ride in between an observation tower and a drop tower. Hopefully it'll be open soon to give it a go.

rollin_n_coastin

Junior CWManiac

Postby CyberFiber » Jun 07, 2011 8:37 pm

Its too bad that the height requirement is so high. From the reviews so far, it seems like it would have made for a great family ride. Something that is not too thrilling, but is defiantly a step up from the kid rides. I'll have to see for myself.
Two Scoops Of CyberFiber

CyberFiber

Junior CWManiac

Postby kunpc1 » Jun 13, 2011 11:51 am

I FINALLY got my first ride on WindSeeker this morning. 4 rides in total. I found the ride to be very graceful. Not thrilling at all. It provides an amazing view of the park, surrounding neighborhoods, and GTA/horizon. I was a bit surprised that you could feel an increase in the G-forces when the ride speeds up closer to the top.

Overall I think it's a great addition to the park. A nice, relaxing ride. I found it a bit awkward that they had guests only loading every "even" numbered seat to keep the ride balanced when there wasn't enough people to fill the seats. Although I'm sure this won't be a problem most of the season (mostly a problem for early season weekdays).

A really nice touch is the JBL speaker system that's actually attached to the main centre portion of the gondola. I really enjoyed having the music playing all the way up and down the tower. It's a nice bonus to a great view. I can't wait to see the ride all lit up at night!

Hopefully the winds will cooperate and allow everyone to get a ride in soon!
-Walt Disney

kunpc1

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Jun 13, 2011 12:03 pm

^That is awesome! I wish it was up yesterday but looking forward to heading back to try it out later this summer. Seeing that lighting package, I'm sure it looks fantastic at night.

rollin_n_coastin

Junior CWManiac

Postby Duck » Jun 13, 2011 4:08 pm

kunpc1 wrote:A really nice touch is the JBL speaker system that's actually attached to the main centre portion of the gondola. I really enjoyed having the music playing all the way up and down the tower. It's a nice bonus to a great view. I can't wait to see the ride all lit up at night!

For real?! On my list of things to do was to email the park and suggest they invest in a sound-system (Mondial provide them with virtually all of their traveling rides, anyway), and pipe in some dreamy ambient or chill! What music are they playing? Is it a set loop fixed to the ride duration?

I screwed up yesterday and thought the park was on "Summer hours" and open until 10pm every day; we arrived at 8:10pm and found everyone leaving. Drat! I guess I won't get to ride until next weekend (and hopefully, at night!).

-Iain
I've ridden 445 different coasters around the world.

Duck

CWManiac

Postby vekomahater » Jun 13, 2011 5:37 pm

kunpc1 wrote:A really nice touch is the JBL speaker system that's actually attached to the main centre portion of the gondola. I really enjoyed having the music playing all the way up and down the tower. It's a nice bonus to a great view. I can't wait to see the ride all lit up at night!

Hopefully the winds will cooperate and allow everyone to get a ride in soon!

Put on some ambient house or anything by Bonobo and i'll be on Windseeker all day long :tease: .
vekomahater

Junior CWManiac

Postby Duck » Jun 20, 2011 6:10 am

I was at the park yesterday with my family, and took 2 rides on WindSeeker; one in the late afternoon, and one at close.

I don't care for heights, and this is the most apprehensive I've been about getting on a ride in a long time. The line did spill out into a temporary queue that runs along the front fence of the ride, which was about 30 minutes. An actual full queue would be about 20 minutes.

The sound system was set to the same music as is already playing in the speakers around the park (general comment on that - too loud!). This makes sense because there are so many speakers in the ride area anyway, that if they tried to play something different (like at CP with their sound track), it would clash with the fixed speakers on the ground. So it works well.

Of course it's very smooth, and very quiet. I didn't notice any substantial relative motion between the seats at all. Certainly nothing like we've seen in the footage from at Cedar Point. I wonder why their ride seems to have so much more of an issue with it than we do up here?

Overall it's really pretty. I don't think I'd ride it by myself, as I'd still have to have a riding partner to convince me to go on it. :) I think it's a fantastic addition to the park, and based on the demographic of people riding (everyone of all ages), they nailed it. Right on, Wonderland and Mondial!

-Iain

PS - Yesterday was a perfect day to visit, the weather was great, crowds were light and almost everything was a minimal wait or a walk-on!
I've ridden 445 different coasters around the world.

Duck

CWManiac

Postby kunpc1 » Jun 20, 2011 6:32 am

I was very surprised to see the CP video of WindSeeker. I'm amazed the chairs are still able to sing so freely frontwards & backwards.
-Walt Disney

kunpc1

Postby vekomahater » Jun 20, 2011 3:03 pm

kunpc1 wrote:I was very surprised to see the CP video of WindSeeker. I'm amazed the chairs are still able to sing so freely frontwards & backwards.

Are you taking about this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cgCsiL7m08&feature=player_embedded. I was so suprised and worried when i saw this. This does not safe at all, even if it was very windy that day. CP should've shut that thing down due to high winds...but guess not :doh: .
vekomahater

Junior CWManiac

Postby xlcanada » Jun 20, 2011 4:57 pm

vekomahater wrote:
kunpc1 wrote:I was very surprised to see the CP video of WindSeeker. I'm amazed the chairs are still able to sing so freely frontwards & backwards.

Are you taking about this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cgCsiL7m08&feature=player_embedded. I was so suprised and worried when i saw this. This does not safe at all, even if it was very windy that day. CP should've shut that thing down due to high winds...but guess not :doh: .

I would freak out if that happened to me on the ride. :faint:
At the speed of life, we are bound to crash with each other.

xlcanada

CWManiac

Next