CWMania is Signing Off

Discuss CWMania here. Suggestions, comments and concerns are always welcome. If you feel that your comments are not appropriate for public viewing please private message any moderator.
DantheMan
Admin
Admin

CWMania is Signing Off

Post by DantheMan » 16 Apr 2018, 21:28

It's with mixed emotions that I announce to you that CWMania will be permanently closed down April 23rd. I am elated that the website I started for fans of Canada's Wonderland has been so successful and had a long life in terms of enthusiast sites over the last 11 years. I am sad when I realize our time here has come to end. I am hopeful that all Wonderland fans and members of this site will find a home elsewhere to share and discuss thoughts about our beloved amusement park.

Looking back through the years, I've seen the site progress through the stages of life, not unlike a human life. As an infant, the site was constantly growing, we were always learning and all we wanted was more of everything. Through the rebellious "teenage" years, we had some disagreements, had to move away from our "home" at the old webhost, and shaped our personality as a fan community. Throughout the last few years, I'm proud to say that we've become the fan community that many others have modeled themselves after. We've earned the respect and admiration of people everywhere, not the least of which is the management of Canada's Wonderland itself. We've now reached the age where it's time to move on.

I am sure you wonder why I've made this decision. There are several reasons in reality, but most of all, I no longer have time to invest in the site to make it the place that the members deserve, nor the energy to keep up with the changing times. In addition, we've always been blessed with a dedicated staff that made CWMania a great place to be. Most of those staff members have moved on pursue other opportunities and the time has come for the rest of us to move on as well.

On that note, I want to thank the staff members over the years that have contributed and given so much to the site. I want to extend an extra special thanks to Jeff and Nick for the amazing efforts throughout the forums, fantastic coverage of media events and great spirit of leadership throughout our CWMania events and everyday activities.

Most of all, I want to thank all CWManiacs for making the site what it has come to be. We've had group events and established long term friendships with other fans of Canada's Wonderland. We've shared our geeky fascination with the amusement park world, our love of airtime and endless supply of curiosity about new rides coming to the park. You are one of the best groups of people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

I hope to see you all again, walking the paths of "Our Wonderland".
Dan
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Re: CWMania is Signing Off

Post by Honorarius » 16 Apr 2018, 23:01

Very sad to see it go :(

jetscreamlover
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by jetscreamlover » 17 Apr 2018, 13:26

Thank you Dan and all the CW Mania staff for their work keeping this site up. Also a big thank you for all the special events at the park. It was a pleasure to meet many of you. I am grateful that you let me share my (many) Wonderland experiences with all of you. I am also very grateful for the special surprise you and Wonderland presented to me back in 2012. All to best.

Aldo (jetscreamlover)

lumist
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by lumist » 17 Apr 2018, 15:25

Thank you Dan and crew all for all your work on building such a fun and vibrant community! CW Mania will be greatly missed! Wishing you and everyone on CW all the best! Here's hoping we'll coast together soon!

Luke

Futurerobotblox
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by Futurerobotblox » 21 Apr 2018, 12:30

I'm gonna miss this place. Thanks for all the good discussion over the years, everyone.
Waiting for the next coaster... Ziz or not

Ty-rant_13
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Ty-rant_13 » 22 Apr 2018, 20:05

I learned and developed so much thanks to this site. It's sad to see it end, but I completely understand. One day soon, I feel someone will create a new place for all of us CWManiacs. The Facebook group just isn't the same...

I contributed to the discussions when I could and stayed silent on areas I couldn't. Regardless, the hours spent reading through everyone's ramblings and wild speculation (as well as more realistic speculation) will stay with me forever. The dedicated members who made this place what it was will always hold a special place in my heart. :bye:

Thank you all, not least of which Dan, Jeff, and Nick. :bow:
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Honorarius » 23 Apr 2018, 07:00

Any word on which new place people are going to???

bratman
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by bratman » 23 Apr 2018, 22:40

The Facebook group will live on :-)
Paul S.- ACE assistant regional rep. - Canada.

coaster count : 510 (steel 400, wood 110)

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Honorarius » 24 Apr 2018, 03:56

Hoping so... I just found the forum less prone to hysteria than facebook groups can get...

Futurerobotblox
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by Futurerobotblox » 24 Apr 2018, 19:32

The site is still live..? Not complaining.
Waiting for the next coaster... Ziz or not

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Honorarius » 24 Apr 2018, 21:31

Me neither :)