Login   Register   FAQ   Search 

Postby kunpc1 » Feb 07, 2013 7:03 am

Walter Bolliger mentioned during an interview with NewsParcs that B&M is ready to do launched coasters:

"If a customer comes to us to design a launch coaster, we will respond to him favorably. The technology is easily adaptable to our products and tracks as the LSM motors can be easily found on the market, and they are very efficient!"

This could be the perfect future addition to Canada's Wonderland. A multi-looping roller coaster with a strong launch would be great! You can read more HERE
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney

kunpc1

Postby cedarpointfan1 » Feb 07, 2013 11:17 am

I would prefer something by Intamin along the lines of Maverick but if we got a launched coaster from B&M Instead I would be just as happy....at least we would be guaranteed that it would be up and running on opening day ;)
Leviathan Ride Count...226
Coaster Count........152

cedarpointfan1

Postby StEC » Feb 08, 2013 12:27 pm

YES we need a powerful super Launched coaster and a B&M would be epic!!!
Niagara Falls deserves a world class amusement/theme park and Marineland is not it!

StEC

Junior CWManiac

Postby TheCrypt » Feb 13, 2013 11:25 pm

cedarpointfan1 wrote:I would prefer something by Intamin along the lines of Maverick but if we got a launched coaster from B&M Instead I would be just as happy....at least we would be guaranteed that it would be up and running on opening day ;)

A B&M is not 100% guaranteed to open on opening day. Chang wasn't ready on media day--could have happened on opening day just as easily.

TheCrypt

Junior CWManiac

Postby kunpc1 » Feb 14, 2013 6:38 am

B&M's have a much better record of opening on time over Intamin (or many other manufacturers). He was using a bit of hyperbole... B&M = reliable (but predictable). Intamin = Unreliable (but pushes the envelope).

Don't get me wrong, I really love both manufacturers for many different reasons. SkyRush, El Toro, Maverick are a few of my favorite coasters out there. But B&M has a lot in the top too (especially Behemoth). If I owned a park, it would be full of B&Ms. They're GP-pleasers. And it's the GP that pay the bills.

I still think this could be a great addition to Wonderland. We need a good, multi-looping coaster. A launched B&M would provide us with the reliability, capacity and inversions we need. Not to mention the fact that B&M tends to be more accommodating for larger people that are becoming more common here in North America.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney

kunpc1

Postby Mykidisorange » Feb 21, 2013 10:12 pm

A launch coaster would be great for Wonderland, but I still have my fingers crossed that one day (and soon), B & M will come out with a "2nd generation" Wingrider. A wingrider with seats that rotate.

At least I'm pretty sure whatever coaster Wonderland installs next is going to be really good.

Mykidisorange

New CWManiac

Postby TheCrypt » Feb 25, 2013 9:20 pm

I would like to see a B&M dive machine come to Wonderland before another launched coaster. Not only would it be the first in the chain, but it could also provide a level of thrill a launched coaster simply cannot recreate.

TheCrypt

Junior CWManiac