Introduce yourself here.

Are you new to CWMania? Welcome. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you.
DantheMan
Admin
Admin

Introduce yourself here.

Post by DantheMan » 12 Apr 2007, 19:36

Welcome to CWMania! We're glad you dropped by.

Tell us a little bit about yourself. Please note that it is not necessary to tell us your real name if you wish to remain anonymous...usernames will do for introductions.

If you have any questions regarding the forums, click on the groups button above and send a private message to any member of our moderator group. Moderators help guide discussion in these forums and will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Remember to follow all site guidelines and have fun.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein

darque
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by darque » 14 Apr 2007, 07:02

Hey there,

I love Canada's Wonderland, and love the fact that we've got our very own board to play on.

When it comes to coasters, top of my list are Woodies followed closely by "anything by Arrow". What can I say. I'd actually drive out of my way to ride one of their old "Launched Loop" coaters....it's a little piece of history!!! As for wood, There is something magical about an old Beach Side Wooden Coaster at sunset. That's just me though.

I've tried to do a trip every year for the last 5. Didn't always happen. I did Kings Dominion last year, SFGAdv a couple weeks ago, and I'm off to Vegas for a stag in June. Would like to use my SF season pass one more time this year, but will have to wait and see.

So...there is more then a mouth full. Hope I wasn't too much of a bore :).

cooliocody12
CWManiac
CWManiac

Hello

Post by cooliocody12 » 14 Apr 2007, 10:13

Hey!! I'm new to the site...and I'm a huge Wonderland fan, its my home park! I go there every year :D i got seasons passes this year too! I love anything to do with rides/coasters .....i love loopers, suspended's, woodies, and flat rides...!

DantheMan
Admin
Admin

Post by DantheMan » 14 Apr 2007, 11:03

As you probably know, I am the webmaster of this site and I set out to create this site since there weren't many CW sites on the net.

Even though I live closer to CW than Cedar Point, I still consider CP to be my home park since I've been going there for (I'm almost ashamed to write this down) 21 years this year. We've sort of made it an annual pilgrimage for the family over the years. This year, for the fourth year in a row, about 30 members of our family will travel to CP in July for a 4-day mini-vacation. I can't wait to ride Maverick this year.

My favourite coaster would probably be Millennium Force, with a close second going to Raptor. BTW, Darque if you like "anything by Arrow" you really need to get to the Point. Magnum is getting well on in years now, but it still ranks pretty high up there in terms of my favourites as well.

This year my wife and I bought the Maxx Passes and will be visiting Wonderland as well as CP (we'll be taking our new daughter for her first trip to these parks this year...she's only 2 weeks old now so she won't ride much but gotta train them early!)
Last edited by DantheMan on 17 Apr 2007, 12:42, edited 3 times in total.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein

darque
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by darque » 14 Apr 2007, 16:43

^ I've actually been to Cedar Point, but that was years ago, when Mean Streak was the new ride, and I did get a ride on MXL. Had a great time while I was there.

I was planning a CP trip this year, but the best time for my friends and I but it would've landed on a May Long Weekend...yikes..forget that!! I can only imagine how busy it is July 4th...hats off to ya!

twisterfreak
CWManiac
CWManiac

Hello

Post by twisterfreak » 16 Apr 2007, 19:57

I am a mod on the site and I am a coaster freak!!!

I like CWMania live closer to Wonderland however I call CP home! I try to go at least twice a year.

I plan on going to cw a number of times this year since I purchased a maxx pass! :)!!! Looking forward to going on Maverick!

Ciao
2012 Ride Count: Leviathan: 53 Behemoth: 43 Minebuster: 2 Backlot: 5 Skyrider: 2
2013 Ride Count: Leviathan: 5 Behemoth: 4 Gatekeeper: 6 Wicked Twisterf: 6 TTD: 6 Millennium Force: 4

pcwtodd
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by pcwtodd » 05 May 2007, 15:49

Hey all I'm Todd I use to work at wonderland from 2000-2003. in the ride department and now am working at the skydome. I am a hugh \Canada's wonderland fan. Be nice to meet you all.

DantheMan
Admin
Admin

Post by DantheMan » 05 May 2007, 19:39

^ Nice to meet you Todd! Welcome to CWMania.

Blackrazor
Banned
Banned

Post by Blackrazor » 09 May 2007, 13:26

Hello All!

My name is Mike (aka Blackrazor) and I am an avid CW fan. I was at the park opening day so many years ago…ugh, feeling old now 8)

CW has been my home park since it opened, when I got off the kid rides at Fantasy Island (Grand Island, NY).

My first real roller was the Dragon Fire…My ride count on the DF is now well over 100.

My scariest moment at the park happened in 1983. I was riding the Wild Beast with a friend and at the second drop (left turn) we suddenly stopped with half the cars already in the drop. I was in the middle car at the edge…three CW techs raced up and started checking it out.

All the techs started looking at the car I was sitting in. I was a little panicked when they started to talk amongst themselves that they might need to separate the cars to get us down…Worse was the fact that it was my car that stopped the coaster.

They decided to let it roll and it did so safely. I went back to the park the following week and saw it was still down. A few weeks later I went back and rode the Beast seven times that day :roll: …and I was scared as holy heck each ride!

DantheMan
Admin
Admin

Post by DantheMan » 09 May 2007, 22:40

Hello Blackrazor. Thanks for joining our community.

After that biography I look forward to hearing your opinion around the forums. Welcome again and if there's anything we can do for you just let us know.

MINILvr
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by MINILvr » 11 May 2007, 11:13

HI!

I am MINILvr from way down south. I love woodies, DH is more into the newer coasters.

Our first trip to CW will be this summer so we can ride Italian Job. (Oh yeah, and visit friends in Toronto. :lol: )

We will also spend one day at Cedar Point, after CW.
MINILvr

ParkerEdwards
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by ParkerEdwards » 15 May 2007, 22:41

Hey, I'm ParkerEdwards,

I'm from London, Ontario and I Love Roller Coasters and Thrill Rides, but i have only been to 3 parks: Marine Land (once in grade seven, and the summer of 2005), Canada's Wonderland (end of grade 8 which was 2005), and Cedar Point which was last year :) . My favourite coaster would have to be Magnum XL-200. I also like Mountain Biking, Nature, Art (I'm not that bad of a drawer) :D, i also like aviation, motocross, motorbikes, and cars, and chicks :D. and one last thing i listen to the weirdest, heaviest, metal on earth. \m/ \m/

Looking forward to meeting more coaster fans, and making new friends. :)
Last edited by ParkerEdwards on 23 Jul 2007, 22:22, edited 1 time in total.

DantheMan
Admin
Admin

Post by DantheMan » 16 May 2007, 15:51

Hey, good to see you again Parker.

Thanks for introducing yourself and I can't wait to see your work in RCT2.

Whisper
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by Whisper » 17 May 2007, 21:50

Hello fellow Roller Coaster Enthusiasts! My full name is Adam Colvin, I live in London, Ontario, Canada and I'm best friends' with Parker Edwards :D I have just moved into a new house, so I've been quite busy over the past few days! Anyways, I love Roller Coasters, Aviation, Biking, Being Adventureous, Music that has a good beat, and chicks, hehe. I'll be getting a job as a Hot Air Balloon Crew Member in the summer. I've been to Canada's Wonderland 3 times :( but I plan to visit it much more often. I've also been to Marineland twice and Cedar Point once. Anually, I go to my Carnival/Fair in September after I miss my Roller Coasters and Thrill Rides. I'm 16 years as of May 30th. I hope to get my driver's licence soon so I may visit my favourite Theme Parks!

Well, that sums up some of my life, have a good day.

Cheers! :mrgreen:

xlcanada
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by xlcanada » 19 May 2007, 15:16

Hi everyone!

My name is Chris. I'm happy to see a whole site devoted to CW. Like you all, I am a fan of CW. I have high hopes for CW in the near future (praying for a decent coaster).

I have been to also KI, KD, and Carowinds. I really love all types of coasters. As you can see from display name, I really love rides like Hypersonic XLC (from KD) and Volcano The Blast Coaster (also from KD) - there's nothing better than being on a suspended coaster and being shot 70 mph into a volcano and out.

I have never went to CP but have heard and seen many exciting things from this park. I hope to go to CP next year.
At the speed of life, we are bound to crash with each other.