Introduce yourself here.

Are you new to CWMania? Welcome. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you.
Blu-Tygger_13
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Re: Introduce yourself here.

Post by Blu-Tygger_13 » 25 Apr 2014, 15:30

CoasterGeek64 wrote:
Johnlloyd wrote: Yes, the minimum age to work at Canada's Wonderland is age 16. But to operate rides you must be 18 or older and must have a G2 or G drivers license. But at age 16 I am sure you could apply to become an entertainer or a janitor (cleaning up garbage) or for other small jobs. But no matter what job you apply for at Canada's Wonderland you get unlimited access to the park on your hours/days off (when the park is open). I would like to apply there to work but I live an hour away (near Acton,Ontario) so it's kind of out of the question but I do have my G2 drivers licence so maybe I could when I go to College next year.
Interesting. I never thought of working at Canada's Wonderland before. However, I'm only 15 and I live in St. Catharines (which is about an hour and a half away from the GTA). Maybe sometime in the future when I have my driver's license.
Correction, to the minimum age to work at Wonderland is sixteen, however the age you must be to operate a ride is eighteen, but you DO NOT need a driver's license of any sort to be an operator :D . At age sixteen you are allowed to be a ride attendant, which is basically to help load and unload guest onto the ride(s) that you work at.
"Why, sometimes I believe as many as 17 impossible things before breakfast and each one exist at Wonderland."

teenagedirtbag
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by teenagedirtbag » 04 May 2014, 10:16

My Name is Christina. I am 25 years old and I've been going to wonderland since I could walk. I worked there for 4 years in high school as well. It was owned by paramount back then. I've been on every single ride in the park and one day I hope to plan a road trip to all the six flags and cedar fair park in north america. I don't know much in the mechanics of roller coasters and rides I just know they are a helluva lot of fun.

Besides wonderland I am a huge comic book, sci fi nerd. As well as a music nerd.

johnds6582
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by johnds6582 » 06 May 2014, 11:56

Hey guys,

Just a coaster nut making my way up to the park for the first time on May 15th. Lots of good info here.

kunpc1

Post by kunpc1 » 06 May 2014, 20:19

Welcome to CWMania! It's great seeing so many new members join the forums.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney

StEC
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by StEC » 07 May 2014, 00:08

Hello & welcome new members! :yes:
Niagara Falls deserves a world class amusement/theme park and Marineland is not it!

tiger2004
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by tiger2004 » 08 May 2014, 11:35

Hello there all: I am glad to be able to be a part of a great group.....heading to Wonderland on the 24th of this month with my home church.....cheers

1moretime
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by 1moretime » 09 May 2014, 23:23

Hi! So glad to have found this site:-) my husband and I love coasters and especially enjoy cedar fair properties (platinum pass holders). we live in Indiana and will be visiting cw for the first time this month. Looks like an amazing park- can't wait!

DantheMan
Admin
Admin

Post by DantheMan » 10 May 2014, 22:35

We're glad to have you aboard. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them. There are lots of knowledgeable people around.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein

shannoneleven
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by shannoneleven » 20 May 2014, 10:10

Hey, I'm Shannon :) Been going to Wonderland since I was in a stroller, and have been going back several times a year ever since! I've been a longtime lurker of the site & forums, and since I FINALLY have a season's pass for the first time in years, I should get in on it!
I'm from Halton region, only 45 minutes away from the park, and I've also made several trips to La Ronde & Darien Lake (back when it was a Six Flags) throughout the years.
I used to be terrified of coasters, but a flat ride fanatic up until high school. Now I can't get enough! I know a little bit about different kinds of coasters & their mechanics, but I'm no coaster geek (yet!)
A little bit more about me - I'm a communications student at university & I love to cook!

Can't wait to get to know & discuss one of my favourite places with you all! :)

DantheMan
Admin
Admin

Post by DantheMan » 20 May 2014, 13:10

Welcome Shannon. It's always great to hear everyone's story about how they became enthusiasts. There are way more of us out there than I ever thought as a kid!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein

ShadowEater1329
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by ShadowEater1329 » 19 Apr 2016, 06:54

Hi fellow coaster enthusiast! I'm ShadowEater1329 (and for those who are also fellow gamers and want to keep it short, I'm Shadow :lol: ).

I love the feeling of flying, and besides ballet, gaming, film/photography and true love, than nothing else can give me that feeling other than roller coasters!

I have no one favourite roller coaster at either of the three parks I've been too (CW, CP, & King's Island). Since coasters can't all go in one category. However I can list my top 5 from each park (including one flat ride). Please note, the list below does not at all mean that I hate the other coasters not listed, the list below is just for the rides that I have had the best personal and overall ride experience on.

Canada's Wonderland:

1) Wilde Beast
2) Leviathan
3) Thunder Run
4) Wonder Mountain's Guardian
5) (Flat ride) Antique Carousel and Sledgehammer. (This is a toss up, since when Slegdehammer is actually awake and alive when I go to the park I rush for that ride. However, I can't resist but love the horses and magically feeling of being a brave heroine on a horse rushing to save my prince charming)

Cedar Point:

1) GateKeeper (The fact that I said I love the ultimate feeling of flying, then this is just a given to be in my top 5)
2) Mantis
3) Raptor
4) Wicked Twister
5) (Flat ride) Skyhawk/Cedar Downs Racing Derby/Cadillac Cars (What? It's a tough decision lol)

King's Island:

1) Banchee (Best experience in the front and at night, in one of the two middle seats)
2) Firehawk
3) Adventure Express
4) The Beast
5) (Flat ride) Boo Blaster's (Come on people! Got to love shooting those little lights in the dark (as well occasionally the person sitting next to you. :lol: )

Note: Yes, I am prepared for the online bashing of putting Wilde Beast as my favourite. I know that it's wooden, and sometimes you leave your brain and other body parts somewhere on the ride before returning to the station... but lately CW has been revamping this ride (first drop area) and I think that if they do this every year, it will come to be a favourite ride of many people. Then again, it's already just awesome, and is one of those originals that has seen the park through time.

So... thus bringing me to the ending of my long narrative, and hopefully I still have an audience left that is awake lol. Thank you for listening/reading to my intro and looking forward to another year of ride-a-thon-ing! (if that word makes sense, because it totally exist in my mind). Whooo! :rofl: