Login   Register   FAQ   Search 

Postby kunpc1 » Aug 20, 2013 12:51 pm

With Norm's tweet, I think it may be worth reposting my previous pictures taken near the lift hill of Vortex. Lots of patch work has been done with trees being removed. Could this become a future entrance/exit for our 2014 addition? If so, what could it be? A new coaster? A new dark ride like Cedar Point is rumoured to be getting? Hopefully we'll all find out soon enough!


photo 1.JPG
One of the last running "extra" waterfalls around Wonder Mountain. It was shut down years ago with trees being planted in front of it. You can see some of the trees have been cut down and the open channel for the former waterfall has been completely patched up.



photo 2.JPG
Another view of the former waterfall from the other side of the former bridge.



photo 3.JPG
More of the former waterfall channels patched up higher up the mountain along with patch work being done around the lift supports for Vortex.



photo 4.JPG
Low parts of the mountain have been cut away near the bottom of the former waterfall area.



photo 5.JPG
One last overview of the rehab area near Vortex.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney
User avatar

kunpc1

Moderator
 
Posts: 2249
Joined: Jun 20, 2007 11:23 am



Postby loop-de-loop » Aug 20, 2013 2:39 pm

A spinning coaster in the dark in the mountain would be insane, although I'd be happy with a flat ride going in there as well.
User avatar

loop-de-loop

Junior CWManiac
 
Posts: 131
Joined: May 25, 2013 7:30 am
Location: Owen Sound



Postby StEC » Aug 20, 2013 5:16 pm

Well there must be a reason for this work.... I'm excited to find out what it is!?
Niagara Falls deserves a world class amusement/theme park and Marineland is not it!
User avatar

StEC

Junior CWManiac
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Jul 08, 2010 11:29 am
Location: Niagara Falls, ON



Postby kunpc1 » Aug 20, 2013 5:19 pm

^^ interesting thought.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney
User avatar

kunpc1

Moderator
 
Posts: 2249
Joined: Jun 20, 2007 11:23 am



Postby droptowerfan » Aug 20, 2013 6:56 pm

loop-de-loop wrote:A spinning coaster in the dark in the mountain would be insane, although I'd be happy with a flat ride going in there as well.

Very interesting idea... The only spinner I've been on was the Galaxy Orbiterout west at the Edmonton mall, and although it was a little rough, it certainly packed a punch for its size, and seeing what cedar fair can do with theming, such as Leviathan's Plaza, and this potential new darkride at CP, a spinner in the mountain would be sick!
Last edited by droptowerfan on Aug 20, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top 5 CW Coasters: 1: Leviathan 2: Skyrider 3: Behemoth 4: Backlot 5: Minebuster
Check me out on YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/ultradude306
droptowerfan

Junior CWManiac
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Nov 14, 2011 2:49 pm



Postby shorty050605 » Aug 20, 2013 7:38 pm

Is there enough room for a rollercoaster in the mountain? I know a couple forum members have been inside for tours. I always thought there was insufficient space for a ride, Thunder Run and all the storage space has to take up a big part does it not?
shorty050605

Junior CWManiac
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Dec 27, 2011 3:55 pm



Postby cedarpointfan1 » Aug 20, 2013 7:42 pm

I have yet to meet a spinning Coaster that I did'nt have fun on so I would be happy if we got one of those inside the mountain.
Leviathan Ride Count...238
Coaster Count........168
User avatar

cedarpointfan1

Moderator
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Jul 13, 2007 12:37 pm
Location: Etobicoke



Postby shorty050605 » Aug 20, 2013 8:00 pm

cedarpointfan1 wrote:I have yet to meet a spinning Coaster that I did'nt have fun on so I would be happy if we got one of those inside the mountain.


Never been on one myself, but I have heard they are quite intense. If we do get one I hope it's not to nauseating, wouldn't want people throwing up every where like the old RCT1&2 games.
shorty050605

Junior CWManiac
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Dec 27, 2011 3:55 pm



Postby kunpc1 » Aug 20, 2013 8:40 pm

Thunder Run takes up a tiny portion of the mountain. There are two floors in the mountain. The top floor (meant for development) is more than enough space for a massive dark ride or even a moderate size coaster.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney
User avatar

kunpc1

Moderator
 
Posts: 2249
Joined: Jun 20, 2007 11:23 am



Postby shorty050605 » Aug 20, 2013 9:26 pm

kunpc1 wrote:Thunder Run takes up a tiny portion of the mountain. There are two floors in the mountain. The top floor (meant for development) is more than enough space for a massive dark ride or even a moderate size coaster.


:D Awesome, hopefully we get one or the other.

p.s. just wanted to point out that your last post was your 2008th and your photo is of Behemoths trains, as we all know Behemoth opened in 2008. I love when stuff like that happens.
shorty050605

Junior CWManiac
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Dec 27, 2011 3:55 pm



Postby Dom497 » Aug 20, 2013 10:03 pm

I'm not saying it isn't possible but getting another roller coaster (big or small) 2 years after Leviathan seems a bit unlikely in my opinion. I think we will be seeing a new flat (aka, a dark ride).
Dom497

CWManiac
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Sep 30, 2011 3:36 pm



Postby droptowerfan » Aug 20, 2013 10:07 pm

shorty050605 wrote:
kunpc1 wrote:Thunder Run takes up a tiny portion of the mountain. There are two floors in the mountain. The top floor (meant for development) is more than enough space for a massive dark ride or even a moderate size coaster.


:D Awesome, hopefully we get one or the other.

p.s. just wanted to point out that your last post was your 2008th and your photo is of Behemoths trains, as we all know Behemoth opened in 2008. I love when stuff like that happens.

Lol... That happened to me a few days ago. I was figuring out a math problem, and the answer came to 306 (Leviathan's height). I looked at the calandra later that day and noticed it was August 18th, the day Leviathan opened :)

Ok, now back on topic... If we do get a coaster/flat in the mountain, which company do you think CF/CW will hire out, and what model do you think it will be?

Personally, as I said before, I believe a spinne similar to the Galaxy orbiter at the west Edmonton mall being buil, however, I'd love to see another compact coaster like a euro fighter go I'm there. Or maybe another great unique flat to add to our impressive collection.. Don't wanna see a dark ride though.. While I think it'd be great for the park, I'm more a fan of coasters in flats
Top 5 CW Coasters: 1: Leviathan 2: Skyrider 3: Behemoth 4: Backlot 5: Minebuster
Check me out on YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/ultradude306
droptowerfan

Junior CWManiac
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Nov 14, 2011 2:49 pm



Postby loop-de-loop » Aug 20, 2013 10:21 pm

droptowerfan wrote:
loop-de-loop wrote:A spinning coaster in the dark in the mountain would be insane, although I'd be happy with a flat ride going in there as well.

Very interesting idea... The only spinner I've been on was the Galaxy Orbiterout west at the Edmonton mall, and although it was a little rough, it certainly packed a punch for its size, and seeing what cedar fair can do with theming, such as Leviathan's Plaza, and this potential new darkride at CP, a spinner in the mountain would be sick!


Galaxy Orbiter is the only spinner I've been on also and I loved every second of it. It was also a huge hit with the guests in the park. With CW aiming to please every member of the family, I think a spinner would be a huge sucess in the park.

Dom497 wrote:I'm not saying it isn't possible but getting another roller coaster (big or small) 2 years after Leviathan seems a bit unlikely in my opinion. I think we will be seeing a new flat (aka, a dark ride).


If Six Flags Great America can build a massive woodie 2 years after adding X-flight, I don't think it is unreasonable to think that CW would add a small family coaster 2 years after Leviathan.
User avatar

loop-de-loop

Junior CWManiac
 
Posts: 131
Joined: May 25, 2013 7:30 am
Location: Owen Sound



Postby droptowerfan » Aug 21, 2013 1:16 am

^Well, sure, Galaxy Orbiter is far from the most intense ride in Galaxyland, however, yit certianly was a fun ride, with, with the Helix undergrowth the mind bender being pretty forcefully for what I'd call a family coaster. In addition, with this ride having to be quite compact to fit inside the mountain, I'd expect a good, tight and fast layout, possibly in the dark to add to the thrill.

So, while the ride probably won't be on the same level of intensity as major coasters and flats like Leviathan and Psychlone, it could certianly pack a punch... heck, the Skyrider, a ride looked down ion by many, IS one of my favs as it packs in some pretty good g forces with it's compact layout and tight turns, and despite the fact that it's a good 20-25 stories shorter than Leviathan.. Who knows what we'll see.

Oh, and then the it's always the possibility of something bloke a euro fighter that I've talked about before... Probably won't happen, but who knows, we can always hope and dream, can't we?? :)
Top 5 CW Coasters: 1: Leviathan 2: Skyrider 3: Behemoth 4: Backlot 5: Minebuster
Check me out on YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/ultradude306
droptowerfan

Junior CWManiac
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Nov 14, 2011 2:49 pm



Postby Johnlloyd » Aug 21, 2013 8:06 am

shorty050605 wrote:
cedarpointfan1 wrote:I have yet to meet a spinning Coaster that I did'nt have fun on so I would be happy if we got one of those inside the mountain.


Never been on one myself, but I have heard they are quite intense. If we do get one I hope it's not to nauseating, wouldn't want people throwing up every where like the old RCT1&2 games.


On Rct the Spinning cars are used on the Mini Steel CoasterImage and on Rct 2 the spinning cars are used on the spinning wild mouse coaster.Image By the way not everyone throws up. You just have to have a high nausea factor to take in these rides. If you have a low nausea factor then you probably shouldn't ride this type of ride/roller coaster. :lol:
Been to Canada's Wonderland and Kings Island this year! Thanks for the wonderful season Canada's Wonderland! See you next year!
User avatar

Johnlloyd

Junior CWManiac
 
Posts: 486
Joined: May 10, 2012 1:33 pm
Location: Acton,Ontario


PreviousNext
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest