2019 New Roller coaster concrete evidence

This is a general discussion forum for most topics related to Canada's Wonderland, located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
Laercio
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

2019 New Roller coaster concrete evidence

Post by Laercio » 23 Jan 2018, 14:54

Hi everyone,
Look what I found it. I think this is the first concrete evidence that we will get a new roller coaster in 2019. What kind of roller coaster do you think is it?

Pages 45 and 46 says:
Proposal:
The proposal is to alter a waterway and construct in the Regional Storm Floodplain of a tributary
of the Don River in order to facilitate the construction of a new roller coaster at Canada's
Wonderland. A low-flow by-pass channel is proposed around a current on-line pond to facilitate
the construction of a ride tunnel within the pond and regulatory floodplain. In addition, nine
support piers are proposed within the regulated area.
It is noted that the proposal and applicant has provided the following mitigative measures in
order to reduce the potential risk associated with the construction of a portion of the roller
coaster in the Regional Storm Floodplain, including the submission of structural drawings for the
tunnel and footings, preliminary engineering analysis, low-flow by-pass channel capacity
calculations, culvert sizing calculations, preliminary safety review for risk of flooding in the
trench/tunnel areas - including closure of ride during high rainfall events, and an indemnification
agreement from the owner.
https://trca.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018 ... Agenda.pdf
The park has applied with the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority to "alter a waterway to
construct in the Regional Storm Floodplain of the Don River in order to facilitate the construction of a by-pass channel and a new roller coaster at Canada's Wonderland."

Yes, that said new roller coaster! The permit for the work will be valid from this month, all the way through January of 2020. To me, that would imply a ride opening of 2019, as permit usually includes plenty of extra padding time at the end.
http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.ca/2018/0 ... r-new.html

Cheers,
Leo

Futurerobotblox
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Re: 2019 New Roller coaster concrete evidence

Post by Futurerobotblox » 30 Jan 2018, 23:23

It doesn't specifically say "new roller coaster", instead a "new structure", although It's pretty much all but confirmed at this point. Judging by the fact it's on the SkyRider plot I have no doubt in my mind. Thanks for sharing! :D :D :D
Waiting for the next coaster... Ziz or not

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Re: 2019 New Roller coaster concrete evidence

Post by Johnlloyd » 31 Jan 2018, 16:01

Hey Laercio, I just thought I would let you know that this discussion was started in the Rumours Thread under the topic of "Future Enjoyment sign spotted", which can be located here. I just wouldn't want you to miss out on the conversation! 8)
New for 2018 at Canada's Wonderland: Lumberjack, Flying Canoes, and Splash Island Expansion!

My blog: http://www.amusementviews.blogspot.ca