New For 2018- Lumberjack, Flying Canoes, and Splash Island Expansion

This is a general discussion forum for most topics related to Canada's Wonderland, located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

New For 2018- Lumberjack, Flying Canoes, and Splash Island Expansion

Postby Johnlloyd » 16 Aug 2017, 14:02

Canada's Wonderland has announced their new for 2018 rides and attractions! You may read the statement below or check it out their website for more details. 8)

Two New Rides, Expanded Splash Area Coming to Canada’s Wonderland for 2018!

Canada’s Wonderland will be adding two new rides, Lumberjack and Flying Canoes, along with an expanded play and splash area for children in 2018! From new thrills, to family fun, to splash zones, the upcoming season will provide new experiences and memories for the whole family.

Lumberjack will take guests for a thrilling ride on two swinging axe pendulums, propelling them into the sky with their feet dangling through 360 degree loops. With inversions reaching up to 75 feet (22m) high, Lumberjack will give riders the sensation of an inverted coaster loop!

Flying Canoes is an interactive family ride that will allow riders to control their journey of flight in two-person canoes.

Splash Island Expansion
In addition to Lumberjack and Flying Canoes, Splash Island’s children’s pool in Splash Works will be expanded to double its size and will feature all-new interactive spray features.

Don’t miss out on over 130 days of fun, including 70 rides plus the all-new Lumberjack and Flying canoes, and Splash Works! Get your 2018 Season Pass now at the lowest possible price of only $69.99. As an additional benefit to purchasing next year’s Season Pass now, new Passholders will receive one free visit this year (and can purchase additional visits for only $14.99), and renewing Passholders will receive one free 2017 Fast Lane Plus pass valid for one day this season, along with a free Fall Bring-A-Friend ticket valid September 9 – October 29 (all offers exclude Halloween Haunt).

Lumber Jack Canada's Wonderland New For 2018.PNG
Photo credit: Canada's Wonderland

Flying Canoes Canada's Wonderland New For 2018.PNG

Splash Island Expansion Canada's Wonderland New for 2018.PNG
New for 2017 at Canada's Wonderland: Soaring Timbers and Muskoka Plunge!

My blog: http://www.amusementviews.blogspot.ca

Ty-rant_13
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Re: New For 2018- Lumberjack, Flying Canoes, and Splash Island Expansion

Postby Ty-rant_13 » 16 Aug 2017, 14:42

Solid year, for sure! I love the look of both rides and the name Lumberjack is very appropriate! There sure are a lot of things flying these days, though, with The Fly, Flying Eagles, Skyhawk, Soaring Timbers, and now Flying Canoes. The logo for Lumberjack is amazing with the upside down axe as the "L" (since you'll be going upside down on an axe).

Based on the concept art and available space in the park, I'm guessing Lumberjack will fill the rest of the old Pro Putt golf course, next to Soaring Timbers. I also think they can fit Flying Canoes on the patch of grass next to Timberwolf Falls' exit, making that whole path very rustic while keeping the water (themed) rides together.

Though I don't enjoy being held upside down too much, I'm hoping Lumberjack does more fast loops that will make it an enjoyable ride for me. (Never was a fan of Jet Scream). Luckily, to those who have complained about the capacity of the last few additions, this ride appears to be the 48 seat model of the Zamperla Hawk, meaning lines should go by pretty quick and the ride cycle can thus be a little longer than Skyhawk and Soaring Timbers. (Comparative theoretical hourly capacity - Skyhawk (720 pph); Soaring Timbers (unlisted, probably ~760?) ; Lumberjack (1200 pph). Kudos to Wonderland for also increasing capacity in Splash Works for the kiddie pool and making it more interactive to boot!

Details on Flying Canoes is pretty sparse. Does anyone know the model name and whether or not it will get you wet?
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!

Futurerobotblox
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Postby Futurerobotblox » 16 Aug 2017, 15:09

Lumberjack looks fun, but we're now overdue for a coaster. Wonderland is generally known for It's great flat collection, but we've had five flats in three years now...
Waiting for the next coaster... Ziz or not

denning
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby denning » 16 Aug 2017, 19:37

Am I the only one a little disappointed we appear to be off cedar fair's coaster rotation.

Even if we get something in 2019 it will be seven years since our last coaster and we lost Sky Rider for an empty pad. Didn't they promise an quick expansion on that land to justify the removal?

Maybe it's the lower dollar but we seem to no longer be an important growth park

Since then CP has gotten three two B&Ms and an insane hybrid

Kings Island has gotten two

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Honorarius » 16 Aug 2017, 23:38

I'd rather wait and get something good then have them half-ass it and get another Guardian...

Not saying I want to wait, but in the meantime, I'll enjoy Lumberjack!!!

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Johnny Au » 17 Aug 2017, 02:44

The new rides are very well themed.

It's unfortunate that we aren't getting new roller coasters, but we will have to make do with new flat rides.

Ty-rant_13
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Ty-rant_13 » 17 Aug 2017, 07:47

New coaster for 2019 is already being teased by Dave Phillips, the head of marketing at the park. Five years after Guardian which was two years after Leviathan. Not that long between coasters, all things considered. The quote you're referencing said that people who are familiar with the park's recent history (i.e. Behemoth through Guardian) could probably anticipate what would replace SkyRider, and that it would be a very large construction project which could take several years to complete. Besides, I'd rather be getting a nice B&M than a hybrid (which would mean we would have to lose another coaster in the process), a capacity nightmare like California's Great America is getting, or even the Gertslauer Eurofighter Knott's is getting. But that's a discussion for another thread. This is about the exciting new additions for 2018! Adding a little something for families/kids, a little something for thrill seekers, and a very little something for Splash Works. Also, Dave Phillips confirmed on twitter that Lumberjack will be going on the rest of the old mini-golf course, just at the other side of the river next to Soaring Timbers. No word yet on Flying Canoes location.

From what I can tell, this also puts us at the most rides of any amusement park in the world (despite what Cedar Point says).
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!

Futurerobotblox
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Postby Futurerobotblox » 17 Aug 2017, 13:51

Ty-rant_13 wrote:New coaster for 2019 is already being teased by Dave Phillips, the head of marketing at the park.

Sorry, could you elaborate on this? I didn't quite understand :lol:
Waiting for the next coaster... Ziz or not

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Johnny Au » 17 Aug 2017, 22:24

Wonderland will be the park for flat rides.

Wonderland also has the most roller coasters of any theme park outside the United States by far.

Qdriver
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Qdriver » 25 Aug 2017, 06:01

Johnlloyd wrote:Lumberjack will take guests for a thrilling ride on two swinging axe pendulums, propelling them into the sky with their feet dangling through 360 degree loops. With inversions reaching up to 75 feet (22m) high, Lumberjack will give riders the sensation of an inverted coaster loop!

Kinda funny how they kinda sell this in a way that almost describes something that's lacking..like a decent coaster with inversions.

Ty-rant_13 wrote: Five years after Guardian which was two years after Leviathan. Not that long between coasters, all things considered.

Except in perhaps considering wether or not Guardian is a true coaster..in my opinion it isn't.

Johnny Au wrote:Wonderland will be the park for flat rides.

That's exactly what I'm afraid of!!!

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Johnny Au » 25 Aug 2017, 18:14

CF knows that more people visit Wonderland than CP and that CP is the roller coaster capital of the world, so CF gives Wonderland more well themed flat rides to keep Wonderland visitors happy about "progress" while giving CP more roller coasters (CP is converting Mean Streak to a hybrid roller coaster named Steel Vengeance and the roller coaster itself is available in Planet Coaster).

Please, CF, give Wonderland some representation in Planet Coaster. Please, CF, give Wonderland a new roller coaster with inversions like Wicked Twister or GateKeeper in CP.

Return to “General Discussion”