New For 2017 (excluding Soaring Timbers and Muskoka Plunge)

This is a general discussion forum for most topics related to Canada's Wonderland, located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
Ty-rant_13
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

New For 2017 (excluding Soaring Timbers and Muskoka Plunge)

Postby Ty-rant_13 » 28 Mar 2017, 03:41

I was browsing the website and noticed a few new additions this year. Feel free to add non-food related additions here as the season progresses.

Dockside Grill: In Splash Works
"Enjoy waves, slides and BBQ at the Dockside Grill. Grab one of your favourite backyard BBQ entrees and sit back and love your day in Splash Works. Serving burgers, chicken sandwiches, veg burgers, foot long hotdogs and farmer sausages."
I'm thinking this is a renovation of the current place across from the Splash Works Pizza Pizza (on the White Water Bay and Black Hole side).

La Cantina: On International Street
"Serving up traditional tacos, burritos and all your Mexican favourites. All of the meats are marinated and freshly cooked to perfection."
Assuming this is going somewhere in the 'Latin' building next to Starbucks. Sounds like even more variety of the park's food offerings!

Timber's BBQ Pit: International Festival
"Bringing your backyard BBQ to you! Pick from a selection of grilled gourmet sausages, foot long hot dogs, turkey legs, and steak sandwiches. Then pair your selection with a variety of side condiments to make Timber's BBQ Pit your one stop grilled food fix."
I'm guessing this is replacing the Alpen Top Dog (the hot dog place across from Vortex). Love the name and the new options in this location!

All of these are also included in the 2017 dining plans.

Also new this year is the season long drink plan, as described in the most recent blog entry: https://www.canadaswonderland.com/blog-article/online-fun/Announcing-the-AllNew-Season-Pass-Drink-Plan I really like the souvenir cup, so I'll probably go for that again this year, but it makes sense that they'd add this option. I think it mostly works really well for the other parks where lockers are more wide-spread than storage bins on the platform.
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!

HAUNT MANIAC
CWManiac
CWManiac

Re: New For 2017 (excluding Soaring Timbers and Muskoka Plunge)

Postby HAUNT MANIAC » 03 Apr 2017, 16:54

So, I don't get it. What's the difference between having a souvenir bottle all season and having drinks on your season pass?
Can you have both if you forget your souvenir cup at home?

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Honorarius » 03 Apr 2017, 23:22

You could have both, but you'd have to pay for both...

I'll be going for the pass drink plan so I don't have to be putting the bottle in and out of lockers, or leave it in my car and have it melt :(

HAUNT MANIAC
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby HAUNT MANIAC » 04 Apr 2017, 16:57

Okay, so it's $30 for an all season bottle or $30 for all season paper cups? There is a HUGE difference there. The bottles are WAY bigger than a paper cup. I did a survey from Wonderland a while ago, and I thought it would be like this . . . I thought option one would be to completely get rid of any bottles or option two to buy a bottle but be able to swipe your season pass for a paper cup if you ever forgot your bottle. The size of a bottle is not the size of a cup. I didn't vote for this.

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 11 Apr 2017, 01:26

Canada's Wonderland's website has been updated. Many of the other Cedar Fair websites have been updated recently as well. It is to make them more mobile friendly. 8)

Canada's Wonderland New Website- April 10th, 2017.PNG
New for 2017 at Canada's Wonderland: Soaring Timbers and Muskoka Plunge!

My blog: http://www.amusementviews.blogspot.ca

Ty-rant_13
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Ty-rant_13 » 12 Apr 2017, 23:01

I got a pamphlet in the mail today from Wonderland. It listed some of the events for this year including having the West Coast Lumberjack Show, Ultimate Thrills Circus, Woofjocks, and Chinese Acrobats back. Additionally, Brew and BBQ, KidZfest, Taste of Italy, and Taste of Greece will be returning!

New for this year, though, is "Canada's 150th Celebration: Join us as we celebrate Canada's 150th birthday from July 1st-31st. Enjoy Canadian inspired food, shows and events including live bands, Lumberjack performances, White Pine Dancers, Cirque Canadien and much more."

Sounds like an exciting month! I don't quite know what White Pine Dancers are, but Cirque Canadien sounds like another update of the popular Cirque show featured in Wonderland Theatre. I'm surprised none of us guessed about what Wonderland might do for Canada's 150 before now.
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Honorarius » 15 Apr 2017, 21:00

HAUNT MANIAC wrote:Okay, so it's $30 for an all season bottle or $30 for all season paper cups? There is a HUGE difference there. The bottles are WAY bigger than a paper cup. I did a survey from Wonderland a while ago, and I thought it would be like this . . . I thought option one would be to completely get rid of any bottles or option two to buy a bottle but be able to swipe your season pass for a paper cup if you ever forgot your bottle. The size of a bottle is not the size of a cup. I didn't vote for this.

Just a head's up, I'm hearing the bottles are around 6 oz smaller than they were last year... So it may not be as much of a difference as you think...

CWfanboy06
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Postby CWfanboy06 » 16 Apr 2017, 16:08

Hey guys good news. It looks like the bat and drop tower are being repainted for 2017!

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 06 May 2017, 17:49

While in attendance at Season Pass Sneak Preview Night and during my visit to Canada's Wonderland on Friday, May 5th, 2017, I noticed a few things that were new or different for this year. Below is a list of what I noticed so far during my two visits:

-Vortex has an automated loose article spiel to inform passengers where to place their loose articles in the car
    -SledgeHammer either has new or refurbished restraints as there is no longer a grip handle
    -Orbiter's boom and frame has received a fresh coat of paint
    -Pro Putt's building has been relocated across from where it once was and re-purposed as a souvenir shop
    -Many rides and attractions now have a yellow-plastic covered chain that goes across the queue line entrance when it is closed or unavailable
    -Although not new this year but later in the season last year, The Rage allows passengers to take loose articles on the ride
    -Shockwave has new flat/round LED lights which are similar to the ones found on Orbiter which were replaced a couple of years ago
    -The basket ball game located nearby Mighty Canadian Minebuster was removed and relocated to nearby the Crystal Arcade
    -Also as mentioned in the "Rides That Need to be Repainted" topic, The Bat was repainted back to its original colours after having red track and orange supports for eight years

That is all that I have noticed that is new so far for this year at Canada's Wonderland apart from Soaring Timbers and Muskoka Plunge. 8)

Mykidisorange
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Mykidisorange » 08 May 2017, 22:12

Also in the kids area, at Peanuts 500 all the cars have been repainted to Peanuts characters.

Also for 2017 the Skyhawk record is 66. That is for a 6 rotation ride. Skyhawk was set at 9 rotations for 3 cycles Saturday. The record on the 9 cycle rotation stands at 84. (Same person). On a little funny note, the record holder is no longer allowed to use seat # 3. Seriously, he faulted the ride twice during ert on opening day (not on purpose of course).

And I'm not sure if this is new or an oversight but I rode the Stunt Coaster Sunday morning and the lights were on in the tunnel. Memories of Leviamania.

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 08 May 2017, 22:28

Mykidisorange wrote:Also in the kids area, at Peanuts 500 all the cars have been repainted to Peanuts characters.

Also for 2017 the Skyhawk record is 66. That is for a 6 rotation ride. Skyhawk was set at 9 rotations for 3 cycles Saturday. The record on the 9 cycle rotation stands at 84. (Same person). On a little funny note, the record holder is no longer allowed to use seat # 3. Seriously, he faulted the ride twice during ert on opening day (not on purpose of course).

And I'm not sure if this is new or an oversight but I rode the Stunt Coaster Sunday morning and the lights were on in the tunnel. Memories of Leviamania.

When I rode Backlot Stunt Coaster on Friday, the lights were off. I suppose they forgot to turn them off that morning.

As for Skyhawk, I noticed that a few seats shifted up and down as I began to flip both times I rode during Season Pass Sneak Preview Night and when I visited last Friday. It was slightly unnerving at first but, it then disappeared near the end of the ride. 8)

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 26 Jun 2017, 16:58

When I visited Canada's Wonderland for my fifth visit of the season on Thursday, I noticed that a queue line was added to Coasters Diner since my previous visit in late May. The problem with this queue line is that it only has one exit, which makes it awkward for people wanting to access the tables on the other side of the restaurant as they have to cut through the queue line to access those tables. I feel this may lead to something being spilled or knocked off the trays. Hopefully this queue line gets fixed as it quite an inconvenience for the time being. 8)

Ragebob
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Ragebob » 27 Jun 2017, 21:48

I've notice there's two fog machines with the tubes on both sides of the royal fountain bridge can someone explain what it is for?
Leviathan 2013 :20 2014 :35 2015:32 2016 :44 Total :131
Behemoth 2013:4 2014 :32 2015:26 2016 :24 Total :84

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Honorarius » 27 Jun 2017, 22:56

My bet would be they're there to make fog :P

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 27 Jun 2017, 23:28

Ragebob wrote:I've notice there's two fog machines with the tubes on both sides of the royal fountain bridge can someone explain what it is for?

I've read that it is used for the new for 2017 Starlight- Northern Reflections show which happens daily until Labour Day just as the park closes for the night. 8)

Return to “General Discussion”