2016 - Skyhawk and Flying Eagles

This is a general discussion forum for most topics related to Canada's Wonderland, located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
miller240
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Re: 2016 - Skyhawk and Flying Eagles

Postby miller240 » 27 Aug 2015, 13:15

Jaynen wrote:Im glad to see two cheap piece of crap flats. Wonderland must be holding as much back as possible for a major addition. Looks like i wont be going to wonderland next year either. Although I really wanna see all those people spinning like crazy like the one guy from the video. Someone will deffinatly loose their lunch!

I like to think they'll add more than just the flats and have another announcement in the spring. Like with slingshot this year. I also hope they continue to replace some of the out of date or broken things in the park like they have been doing the past couple years

And about the flats. Just because they're not for you doesn't mean their pieces of crap. One is a family ride and one is going to offer a nice view of that side of the park. Or make you sick. Depending on how you flap your wings. I already use windseeker to check how long lines are so it'll be nice to have another option for that

droptowerfan
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby droptowerfan » 27 Aug 2015, 16:46

^Couldnt agree more.

Skyhawk looks like a near perfect ride for people such as myself. I always end up going to parks with larger groups of people, and 99% of the time I'm the one who wants to do the intense rides, and most people just want to do the more mellow stuff. This ride gives a great opportunity for everyone in the group to enjoy the ride however they want.
Last edited by droptowerfan on 29 Aug 2015, 19:18, edited 2 times in total.
Top 5 CW Coasters: 1: Leviathan 2: Skyrider 3: Behemoth 4: Backlot 5: Minebuster

KDCOASTERFAN
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » 28 Aug 2015, 21:24

Wonder if these skyhawk rides will be popping up chainwide? I did see video of the airforce version at BPB and it looked pretty darn good. It might be a far better replacement for Skyrider than the frisbee KD is getting to replace shockwave.

Ohh and flying scooter rides can be fun too depending on just how good one gets at mastering the controls.

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 28 Aug 2015, 23:33

KDCOASTERFAN wrote:Wonder if these skyhawk rides will be popping up chainwide? I did see video of the airforce version at BPB and it looked pretty darn good. It might be a far better replacement for Skyrider than the frisbee KD is getting to replace shockwave.

Ohh and flying scooter rides can be fun too depending on just how good one gets at mastering the controls.

I believe the Gerstlauer Sky Roller may be appearing at other Cedar Fair parks in the future depending on the popularity it has at Canada's Wonderland. It is definitely a great addition to the park. The Red Arrows Sky Force is a Gerstlauer Sky Fly, which Canada's Wonderland is not receiving. The Sky Fly is a similar ride with similar motions except that the Sky Fly operates more like Shockwave (Mondial Topscan) whereas the Sky Roller goes up a tower. Also, Skyhawk isn't replacing SkyRider as Skyhawk is going right across from Windseeker beside Slingshot near International Showplace.

I think a Mondial Revolution is a great ride so visitors to Kings Dominion are definitely in for a fun and thrilling ride. I really enjoy Psyclone, especially when I face the ground and wave my hands at the people below. Yes, I had also enjoyed Cedar Creek Flyers at Dorney Park so, it'll also be a great addition to Canada's Wonderland as it's a great ride for all visitors. 8)

Skyhawk location for 2016.jpg
Skyhawk's location will be where the grass is removed.
New for 2018 at Canada's Wonderland: Lumberjack, Flying Canoes, and Splash Island Expansion!

My blog: http://www.amusementviews.blogspot.ca

droptowerfan
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby droptowerfan » 29 Aug 2015, 19:16

^That area's gonna look pretty cool once Skyhawk's built.

Windseeker on one side, Windseeker on Crack; Do a Barrel Roll Edition on the other :rofl:
Top 5 CW Coasters: 1: Leviathan 2: Skyrider 3: Behemoth 4: Backlot 5: Minebuster

KDCOASTERFAN
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » 09 Sep 2015, 04:15

Looking at videos of the model CWL is getting that thing looks insane,this one guy in the video was constantly rolling the car trying to set a new record,hopefully not one for the most puke blown on a single flat ride....looks like you guys up north are in for a real treat with this one.

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 04 Oct 2015, 03:12

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this as I pay quite close attention to details but, both Skyhawk and Flying Eagles have the exact same colour scheme which is red, blue, and yellow. I know these colours are only shown in the depictions of both rides so far but, I think we are seeing a new colour scheme for new rides at Canada's Wonderland all starting this year with Slingshot. I'm not complaining about the choice of colours for their new rides but, if your're going to introduce new rides at least make them look somewhat unique or different. I personally think that all rides should have different colour schemes and not have all the same colours. Anyways, maybe red, blue, and yellow may or may not be present on SkyHawk or Flying Eagles when they open next year, we'll just have to wait and see. Anyways, I look forward to these two new rides, as they'll add to Canada's Wonderland's already amazing flat ride collection. 8)
New for 2018 at Canada's Wonderland: Lumberjack, Flying Canoes, and Splash Island Expansion!

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 18 Nov 2015, 02:52

Below is a photo of a model of the Gerstlauer Sky Roller at IAAPA 2015. I'm not saying this is a model of Skyhawk at Canada's Wonderland but, it very well could be judging by the colour of the tower. 8)

For more IAAPA 2015 updates in the next few days to come, you can follow on the Theme Park Review forums, on Theme Park Review's Twitter account, or on IAAPA's Twitter account.

sheldonmans14

Postby sheldonmans14 » 25 Nov 2015, 14:53

Based on that model, SkyHawk is going to be insane. I'm pumped for it.
Haunt is gone.
Behemoth Ride Count: 89
Leviathan Ride Count: 8

droptowerfan
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby droptowerfan » 17 Dec 2015, 13:57

Does anybody know when construction on skyhawk will start?

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 17 Dec 2015, 14:48

droptowerfan wrote:Does anybody know when construction on skyhawk will start?

My guess is the construction for Skyhawk has began already such as concrete being poured but, the actual construction of the tower probably won't happen until late January or early February. 8)

bratman
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby bratman » 18 Dec 2015, 00:20

I asked during the ACE event in September. The physical ride wont start to go up until about March.
Paul S.- ACE assistant regional rep. - Canada.

coaster count : 510 (steel 400, wood 110)

droptowerfan
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby droptowerfan » 18 Dec 2015, 17:39

Will be cool to see the ride go up next year.

By the way, noticed the topic hit 20000 posts just a while ago.

image.png

mdc1271
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby mdc1271 » 16 Jan 2016, 17:57

Why has there been no construction pix posted from CW. I know these are not big rides, but at least create some interest as to how things are going at the park over the winter. Beyond the rides, What might be new for 2016? Will there be any new restaurants? Any new food items? Is anything being repainted or re-themed?
Even if they do not want to post a picture of dirt, At least do pix of "Wonderland covered in Snow".

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 16 Jan 2016, 19:37

mdc1271 wrote:Why has there been no construction pix posted from CW. I know these are not big rides, but at least create some interest as to how things are going at the park over the winter. Beyond the rides, What might be new for 2016? Will there be any new restaurants? Any new food items? Is anything being repainted or re-themed?
Even if they do not want to post a picture of dirt, At least do pix of "Wonderland covered in Snow".

I don't know why either. Look at other parks for instance, Kings Island has posted photos of their new entrances and of their new slide complex, Worlds of Fun has posted photos of their new Planet Snoopy expansion rides arriving, Kings Dominion has posted photos of the destruction of Shockwave and of the holes being drilled into the ground for Delirium, and Valleyfair has released some photos of their Monster's cars being repainted. These are not huge expansions but they're still keeping their guests updated! It would be great if Canada's Wonderland showed some land being leveled or cleared where SkyHawk or Flying Eagles are going but, nothing yet. As for snow scenes at Canada's Wonderland, they did a few last year but, none this year so far as there hasn't been too much snow. But, I'm surprised that Michigan's Adventure has more photos of around the park compared to Canada's Wonderland!

As for new restaurants coming to the park, I don't believe there will be considering the addition of Tim Horton's and the relocating of Teriyaki Experience to Backlot Cafe for the 2015 season. It would be nice to see Behemoth, The Bat and especially Drop Tower with a fresh new coat of paint considering how faded they are considering this year it's the park's 35th anniversary but, they may put the repainting off until next year, unless they're going to do it within the final weeks of opening day. But, other than Skyhawk and Flying Eagles being new for 2016, I do know that FunPix is being introduced. Click here to read more about it and how it works. Maybe they'll announce more things in the weeks to come as that would be greatly appreciated! 8)

Return to “General Discussion”