2016 - Skyhawk and Flying Eagles

This is a general discussion forum for most topics related to Canada's Wonderland, located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
Qdriver
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Re: 2016 - Skyhawk and Flying Eagles

Postby Qdriver » 20 Aug 2015, 20:13

Lithanial wrote:I have to say I am usually unsatisfiable when it comes to flat announcements. But I am pretty excited for this one.

Yup exactly me too. I'm not normally crazy over flats but I'll ride this one for sure and am pretty certain I'll like it.

The location sounds great. Pretty much flat central in that area now, with Windseeker, slingshot, and the other two just down the street.

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Honorarius » 20 Aug 2015, 22:14

I'm looking very much forward to both flats, provided they let us snap the Eagles...

mdc1271
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby mdc1271 » 20 Aug 2015, 23:08

Both rides will be great additions to the park. Glad to see they are going in different places. Flying Eagles was pretty much a good guess, as all the other Cedar Fair parks are getting them.
Congrats to CW.
Also, Glad to see the Season Pass Prices still remain at great prices. I thought there would be more change to the "All Season Dining Plan". Glad it has not changed for the Platinum Pass.
I will say that I will be taking a year off, from buying a Season's Pass. Usually do 2-3 years in a row, than take a break. Will give me more to look forward to in 2017.

Ty-rant_13
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Ty-rant_13 » 21 Aug 2015, 01:43

One other thing that will help capacity is that each person gets their own seat. That means no one will really be sitting next to a stranger, so there's no reason why there should be more than one empty seat per cycle! Also, do you guys think either ride will have Fast Lane?
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Honorarius » 21 Aug 2015, 02:08

I hope not, but they likely will... for reference, Woodstock Gliders is on FL at KI, but CP doesn't have Lake Erie Eagles on FL...

Ty-rant_13
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Ty-rant_13 » 21 Aug 2015, 03:13

Also been confirmed Flying Eagles will replace the former "Toucan Sam's A-Maze-ing Adventure" in KidZville. I don't mind, as I still head that way for Jokeys Jalopies, Silver Streak, Boo Blasters, and Ghoster Coaster. Nothing in KidZville (or Planet Snoopy) has ever been part of Fast Lane, so I don't see Flying Eagles getting it either.

https://twitter.com/DavePhillips__/with_replies

SkyHawk is a mystery for Fast Lane, though... It may depend on capacity? I like that the rides aren't being put right next to each other, though, as it should spread out crowds a bit.

Who else wants to have a place to post our records of most inversions on SkyHawk next year? ;) I won't win (likely five will be too much for me, if that), but it could be a fun challenge!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!

miller240
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby miller240 » 21 Aug 2015, 03:45

It's almost guaranteed that Skyhawk will have fast lane. Outside of kidzville and planet snoopy every flat ride that has been installed since the 1981 opening now has fast lane. So I'll put my money on Skyhawk getting it as well

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 21 Aug 2015, 11:54

miller240 wrote:It's almost guaranteed that Skyhawk will have fast lane. Outside of kidzville and planet snoopy every flat ride that has been installed since the 1981 opening now has fast lane. So I'll put my money on Skyhawk getting it as well

Spinovator doesn't have Fast Lane and it opened in 1981. It also has a high capacity of 50 people. It's one of the highest capacity flat rides in the park. But, I hope it doesn't receive Fast Lane as it's a great ride where the current overall waits are quite minimum. 8)
New for 2018 at Canada's Wonderland: Lumberjack, Flying Canoes, and Splash Island Expansion!

My blog: http://www.amusementviews.blogspot.ca

miller240
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby miller240 » 21 Aug 2015, 13:13

Johnlloyd wrote:
miller240 wrote:It's almost guaranteed that Skyhawk will have fast lane. Outside of kidzville and planet snoopy every flat ride that has been installed since the 1981 opening now has fast lane. So I'll put my money on Skyhawk getting it as well

Spinovator doesn't have Fast Lane and it opened in 1981. It also has a high capacity of 50 people. It's one of the highest capacity flat rides in the park. But, I hope it doesn't receive Fast Lane as it's a great ride where the current overall waits are quite minimum. 8)

I guess the way I worded that was a little confusing for you. Krachenwagen, the rage and the antique carrousel are also original rides that don't have fast lane. Maybe I should have said "every flat ride installed after the 1981 opening"

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 21 Aug 2015, 15:26

miller240 wrote:
Johnlloyd wrote:

I guess the way I worded that was a little confusing for you. Krachenwagen, the rage and the antique carrousel are also original rides that don't have fast lane. Maybe I should have said "every flat ride installed after the 1981 opening"

Krachenwagen and The Rage do have Fast Lane. The Rage was added this year and Krachenwagen was added a couple of years ago, possibly one of the first rides that came out with Fast Lane. Also, I wasn't confused at all as to what you said. I just think your information may be a little outdated. ;) But, yes, Antique Carousel and Spinovator are the only original flat rides, from 1981 that don't have Fast Lane, exlcuding the rides that are within Planet Snoopy and Kidzville. I just hope that Skyhawk isn't on Fast Lane unless it has a much higher capacity than existing Sky Rollers. 8)
New for 2018 at Canada's Wonderland: Lumberjack, Flying Canoes, and Splash Island Expansion!

droptowerfan
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby droptowerfan » 21 Aug 2015, 16:01

Both these rides look great!

Even if we're not allowed to "Snap" the Eagles, we still have this to look forward to!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3MIHDAPV8ME

Who wants to try and beat this guy's record?
Top 5 CW Coasters: 1: Leviathan 2: Skyrider 3: Behemoth 4: Backlot 5: Minebuster

miller240
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby miller240 » 21 Aug 2015, 17:09

What does everybody mean by "snap" the Eagles.

Judging by the video it's harder to get the Skyhawks inverted than I thought. I was hoping I could just fly around upside down

miller240
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby miller240 » 21 Aug 2015, 17:42

Johnlloyd wrote:Krachenwagen and The Rage do have Fast Lane. The Rage was added this year and Krachenwagen was added a couple of years ago, possibly one of the first rides that came out with Fast Lane. Also, I wasn't confused at all as to what you said. I just think your information may be a little outdated. ;) But, yes, Antique Carousel and Spinovator are the only original flat rides, from 1981 that don't have Fast Lane, exlcuding the rides that are within Planet Snoopy and Kidzville. I just hope that Skyhawk isn't on Fast Lane unless it has a much higher capacity than existing Sky Rollers. 8)

So my original post was correct but my response to yours was not? My bad

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 21 Aug 2015, 20:28

miller240 wrote:
Johnlloyd wrote:Krachenwagen and The Rage do have Fast Lane. The Rage was added this year and Krachenwagen was added a couple of years ago, possibly one of the first rides that came out with Fast Lane. Also, I wasn't confused at all as to what you said. I just think your information may be a little outdated. ;) But, yes, Antique Carousel and Spinovator are the only original flat rides, from 1981 that don't have Fast Lane, exlcuding the rides that are within Planet Snoopy and Kidzville. I just hope that Skyhawk isn't on Fast Lane unless it has a much higher capacity than existing Sky Rollers. 8)

So my original post was correct but my response to yours was not? My bad

That's okay and no problem. 8)

Mykidisorange
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Mykidisorange » 22 Aug 2015, 00:17

Hey does this mean there is a chance of a Cwmania event next year? An ERT on this could be amazing!!

No pressure Dan.

Return to “General Discussion”