Season Pass for 2015

This is a general discussion forum for most topics related to Canada's Wonderland, located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
mdc1271
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac
Posts: 307
Joined: 24 Jul 2007, 22:33

Season Pass for 2015

Postby mdc1271 » 16 Aug 2014, 12:14

I went onto the CW website, and did some browsing. I have noticed that CW has now added a dining plan to each type of Season Pass, Which I think is a great idea. Here are the prices.
CW Season Pass $69.99
CW Season Pass W/Meal Plan- 2 Meals Every Visit- $154.98
Platinum Pass -$184.50
Platinum Pass W/Meal Plan- 2 Meals Every Visit- $284.00- Renewals are slightly cheaper.

Its a great deal if you eat at the parks a lot. If you visit the park 8X in a season, and eat 2 meals on each visit, It works out to about $5 meal approx. Obviously, The initial investment is more, but with the payment option, its not so bad. I wonder what the choices are for restaurants? Usually the standard restaurants apply I would assume.
Any comments or feedback!

greghill
CWManiac
CWManiac
Posts: 591
Joined: 24 Aug 2007, 17:25

Re: Season Pass for 2015

Postby greghill » 16 Aug 2014, 14:50

As this year they did have daily all day dining plans available, it will be the same restaurants and food choices as those
https://www.canadaswonderland.com/2014- ... estaurants

User avatar
Qdriver
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac
Posts: 119
Joined: 09 Aug 2012, 18:05
Location: Bowmanville

Re: Season Pass for 2015

Postby Qdriver » 17 Aug 2014, 01:45

We just renewed our platinum passes and got them with the meal. We're hoping it'll cash in as well on our trips to the States but well find out I guess next year, a bit of a gamble.

We did go by customer services today were they gave us a list of the restaurants. They also told us that each pass will only be permitted 2 meals per day.

miller240
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac
Posts: 215
Joined: 03 May 2014, 03:02

Re: Season Pass for 2015

Postby miller240 » 17 Aug 2014, 03:48

Qdriver wrote:We just renewed our platinum passes and got them with the meal. We're hoping it'll cash in as well on our trips to the States but well find out I guess next year, a bit of a gamble.

We did go by customer services today were they gave us a list of the restaurants. They also told us that each pass will only be permitted 2 meals per day.


Did you notice that the meal part is only good for wonderland

User avatar
Qdriver
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac
Posts: 119
Joined: 09 Aug 2012, 18:05
Location: Bowmanville

Re: Season Pass for 2015

Postby Qdriver » 17 Aug 2014, 11:21

^ Yup we know, your right it does say that, but when we talked to the customer service people they claimed that may change. Going on that claim is why I stated in my previous post that it was going to be a bit of a gamble.

User avatar
ThrillFan
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac
Posts: 115
Joined: 23 Aug 2013, 18:49
Location: London, Ontario

Re: Season Pass for 2015

Postby ThrillFan » 20 Aug 2014, 20:16

mdc1271 wrote: I have noticed that CW has now added a dining plan to each type of Season Pass,


I have been debating on whether or not I should get this. It would be more value for the platinum pass to include the meals at the other parks (obviously), so I do hope that they allow this in future.

Interesting note, I bought the Kaman's 2014 Photo Club pass at CW, and was able to use it at Cedar Point (wish I was smart enough to check the other parks I went to as well). For those that don't know, it gives you discounts on your first printed photo order, discounted future prints, and a free e-mail photo each day you visit the park.

Qdriver wrote:We just renewed our platinum passes


I'm assuming you did that online? What do you get in regards to the one fast lane plus? Is it something printed you bring to the park, or is it electronically associated with your season pass? Or is it a coupon code to use online? When talking to CW Customer Service they said it was a ticket for a regular fast lane plus, but I didn't get other details -- and I'm curious how they are handling it.

User avatar
Qdriver
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac
Posts: 119
Joined: 09 Aug 2012, 18:05
Location: Bowmanville

Re: Season Pass for 2015

Postby Qdriver » 21 Aug 2014, 21:03

ThrillFan wrote:
Qdriver wrote:We just renewed our platinum passes


I'm assuming you did that online? What do you get in regards to the one fast lane plus? Is it something printed you bring to the park, or is it electronically associated with your season pass? Or is it a coupon code to use online? When talking to CW Customer Service they said it was a ticket for a regular fast lane plus, but I didn't get other details -- and I'm curious how they are handling it.


Yes Sir that's correct. We did get them online after 2 separate visits to the customer service to get more info on this dining plan. Could have gotten everything while we were there but we wanted to take some time in deciding what to get. Funny enough that we decided pretty quick and had barely left the park when we went ahead to purchase them.

Anyway, the passes came with, I guess, fast lane plus coupons. Our passes renew'd automatically directly to the cards we currently have, we received the receipt and the separate coupons, (one each for me and wife) that we were able to print when we got home. It seems very much like buying fast lane normally online except there was no specific date to be selected. What we're assuming is that we will have to present them in person to be processed likely on the day we want to use them, which We obviously haven't done that yet, it's a one time thing and it says right on them that's only available for the remainder of the 14 season.

User avatar
Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac
Posts: 457
Joined: 07 Mar 2012, 12:19
Location: Muskoka

Re: Season Pass for 2015

Postby Honorarius » 21 Aug 2014, 21:24

Anyone have a review of the dining plan??? Haven't eaten at any of the places on the list in years... Some feedback would help me make an informed decision... Rather pay for food I'll enjoy than get a good deal on bad food...

I tried the all day dining at Cedar Point this summer, and was seriously disappointed...

miller240
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac
Posts: 215
Joined: 03 May 2014, 03:02

Re: Season Pass for 2015

Postby miller240 » 21 Aug 2014, 21:26

Thanks Qdriver for answering a few questions I was going to ask customer service. I just hope I get a fast lane plus when I renew my daughters as well. One fast lane plus is good but two is better :-)

Has anyone confirmed that the meal plan will use the same meals and restaurants as the current dine all day does?

User avatar
Qdriver
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac
Posts: 119
Joined: 09 Aug 2012, 18:05
Location: Bowmanville

Re: Season Pass for 2015

Postby Qdriver » 21 Aug 2014, 22:00

miller240 wrote:Thanks Qdriver for answering a few questions I was going to ask customer service. I just hope I get a fast lane plus when I renew my daughters as well. One fast lane plus is good but two is better :-)

Has anyone confirmed that the meal plan will use the same meals and restaurants as the current dine all day does?


No problem at all. The renewal is a fantastic deal for sure and like you said it includes everyone that is renewing. We are excited by this as well particularly as the seasons end draws to a close and we actually get to use fast lane this year. I think we'll probably try to cash in this weekend

As for the restaurants, the information we received from our visit at guest services indicates that the same participants in the current dining plan will be the those in the season dining plan next year. The paper list they gave us indicate 8 restaurants total:
Thrill Burger
Roadside cafe
Riverside Snacks
Planet Snoopy
Coasters
Chicken Shack
Ristorante Pizza Pizza
Manchu Wok

This though is likely unconfirmed since it does officially indicate this years participants only.

User avatar
kunpc1
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2360
Joined: 20 Jun 2007, 16:23
Contact:

Re: Season Pass for 2015

Postby kunpc1 » 26 Aug 2014, 17:24

miller240 wrote:
Qdriver wrote:We just renewed our platinum passes and got them with the meal. We're hoping it'll cash in as well on our trips to the States but well find out I guess next year, a bit of a gamble.

We did go by customer services today were they gave us a list of the restaurants. They also told us that each pass will only be permitted 2 meals per day.


Did you notice that the meal part is only good for wonderland


FYI, the Platinum Pass All Season Dining add-on is good at ALL Cedar Fair parks. There is a price difference between between the season pass dining plan add-on ($84.99) and the platinum pass dining plan add-on ($99).

"Get 1 lunch and 1 dinner every time you visit the park with your Season Pass! This Platinum All Season Dining Plan is available for use at all Cedar Fair parks.

Valid any day a Cedar Fair park is open to the public for regular operation during the 2015 season. Only a 4 HOUR wait time between meals. All Season Dining not valid for admission to Halloween Haunt."
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney

User avatar
Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac
Posts: 457
Joined: 07 Mar 2012, 12:19
Location: Muskoka

Re: Season Pass for 2015

Postby Honorarius » 26 Aug 2014, 23:02

kunpc1 wrote:
miller240 wrote:
Qdriver wrote:We just renewed our platinum passes and got them with the meal. We're hoping it'll cash in as well on our trips to the States but well find out I guess next year, a bit of a gamble.

We did go by customer services today were they gave us a list of the restaurants. They also told us that each pass will only be permitted 2 meals per day.


Did you notice that the meal part is only good for wonderland


FYI, the Platinum Pass All Season Dining add-on is good at ALL Cedar Fair parks. There is a price difference between between the season pass dining plan add-on ($84.99) and the platinum pass dining plan add-on ($99).

"Get 1 lunch and 1 dinner every time you visit the park with your Season Pass! This Platinum All Season Dining Plan is available for use at all Cedar Fair parks.

Valid any day a Cedar Fair park is open to the public for regular operation during the 2015 season. Only a 4 HOUR wait time between meals. All Season Dining not valid for admission to Halloween Haunt."


Well I think that's a deal that I'm not going to be able to pass up... Couldn't hurt to branch out a bit and try something different food-wise in the park...

Any rec's on which places on the list to try and which to avoid???

User avatar
cheese
CWManiac
CWManiac
Posts: 902
Joined: 02 May 2007, 19:44
Location: Guelph, Ontario

Re: Season Pass for 2015

Postby cheese » 27 Aug 2014, 01:04

I would consider the dining pass option if it included something other than junk food (and that goes for all Cedar Fair parks, not just Wonderland). Really hoping to see some improvements next year across the chain.

User avatar
ThrillFan
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac
Posts: 115
Joined: 23 Aug 2013, 18:49
Location: London, Ontario

Re: Season Pass for 2015

Postby ThrillFan » 27 Aug 2014, 19:06

kunpc1 wrote:"Get 1 lunch and 1 dinner every time you visit the park with your Season Pass! This Platinum All Season Dining Plan is available for use at all Cedar Fair parks.

Valid any day a Cedar Fair park is open to the public for regular operation during the 2015 season. Only a 4 HOUR wait time between meals. All Season Dining not valid for admission to Halloween Haunt."


Where did you find this? I had been looking for more definitive details.

I understand the All Day Dining plan having a 90 minute wait time, and that the All Season Dining having a maximum of 2 meals per day, and also a wait time between meals. However, 4 hours seems to be a bit long wait time. I guess I understand the "lunch & dinner" thought. I'll have to think a bit harder if I want to add it... but available at all parks might just be enough to convince me :)

User avatar
kunpc1
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2360
Joined: 20 Jun 2007, 16:23
Contact:

Re: Season Pass for 2015

Postby kunpc1 » 27 Aug 2014, 20:22

Click on "Buy Now" to have the ticket window pop up. Hover your cursor over the "2015 Season Passes" tab and you'll see "2015 Add-Ons". Full details are available there for both Canada's Wonderland Season Passes and Cedar Fair Platinum Passes.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests