Season Pass for 2015

This is a general discussion forum for most topics related to Canada's Wonderland, located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
teenagedirtbag
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Re: Season Pass for 2015

Postby teenagedirtbag » 19 May 2015, 15:20

Does anyone know when they will announce the Bring-A-Friend Season Pass days? On the website it just states "Stay tuned for more dates to be added" But there arent any dates listed on the website.

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 19 May 2015, 15:34

teenagedirtbag wrote:Does anyone know when they will announce the Bring-A-Friend Season Pass days? On the website it just states "Stay tuned for more dates to be added" But there arent any dates listed on the website.

Well, there's your answer. I'm quite sure it will be announced early June as it was last year. It's nice to bring cheap friends (like mine) along to Canada's Wonderland once in a while. 8)
New for 2018 at Canada's Wonderland: Lumberjack, Flying Canoes, and Splash Island Expansion!

My blog: http://www.amusementviews.blogspot.ca

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Honorarius » 19 May 2015, 17:36

I check regularly for updates... I have friends that haven't been in years and need a reintroduction...

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 27 May 2015, 17:18

Here is the moment all you Season Pass Holders (and friends of Season Pass Holders) have been waiting for! You can now purchase up to four bring-a-friend tickets for only $28.99 each! These tickets are valid any day throughout the summer when accompanied by a valid pass holder. I must point out though that this deal is more "expensive " than it was last year as you could bring up to four friends for $19.99 each. 8)

For more information you can visit:https://www.canadaswonderland.com/ticket-category/Daily-Tickets#
New for 2018 at Canada's Wonderland: Lumberjack, Flying Canoes, and Splash Island Expansion!

miller240
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby miller240 » 27 May 2015, 17:31

The 19.99 price was only for certain days last year. I'm pretty sure any other day the bring a friend price was 26.99

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 27 May 2015, 18:19

miller240 wrote:The 19.99 price was only for certain days last year. I'm pretty sure any other day the bring a friend price was 26.99

Yes, that's correct, now that you mention it. I had forgotten about that. But, still the prices have risen. But, that's because there's more to see and do than ever before at Canada's Wonderland! 8)

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Honorarius » 27 May 2015, 19:10

Even with the price increase, it's still a great deal over the normal admission price :P

mdc1271
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby mdc1271 » 22 Aug 2015, 21:43

Something I just noticed- With the Dining plans, whether All Season or All Day, You now have the option to eat at Backlot Cafe, And MarketPlace-All U Can Eat- There is an $8 Surcharge for Dining Plan Holders for MarketPlace, but still a really good deal if you are hungry.
Did this change recently? I do not remember seeing either of these locations posted on the website early in the season. Just gives us more opportunity to try a different restaurant, with other options.
I am really hoping that this changed recently, as I am missing out on these options.
Glad to see CW is making more choices for us.

Qdriver
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Qdriver » 22 Aug 2015, 22:07

^ I'm not sure about here, but this was in place during our Cedar Point trip way back in May. There was a couple of places like subway, and that buffet spot that offered more complete meals for 2 to 8 bucks depending on which one it was . You are right though, we found it was a very nice addition to the plan and really came in handy a couple of times when we got hungry.

So my guess is, it's more of a CF thing as opposed to just CW.

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Honorarius » 22 Aug 2015, 23:39

mdc1271 wrote:Something I just noticed- With the Dining plans, whether All Season or All Day, You now have the option to eat at Backlot Cafe, And MarketPlace-All U Can Eat- There is an $8 Surcharge for Dining Plan Holders for MarketPlace, but still a really good deal if you are hungry.
Did this change recently? I do not remember seeing either of these locations posted on the website early in the season. Just gives us more opportunity to try a different restaurant, with other options.
I am really hoping that this changed recently, as I am missing out on these options.
Glad to see CW is making more choices for us.

Don't know when it changed, but it wasn't too long ago... Happy to see the changes... More options is always a good thing...

mdc1271
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby mdc1271 » 26 Dec 2015, 18:02

I intended to write my blog at season end, but did not seem to get the chance. Platinum Season Pass, With All Season Dining is a great deal. I was able to keep track of exactly what I got during my 2015 season.
Here is my list:

Canada's Wonderland

38 Visits
40 Free Meals
24 -99 cent Soft drink refills
16- Free Soft Drink refills
Free Parking

DorneyPark

2 Visits
4 Free Meals
6- 99 cent Soft Drinks
Free Parking

Kings Dominion

1 Visit
2 Free Meals
4- 99 cent Soft Drinks
Free Parking

Carowinds

2 Visits
4 Free Meals
6- 99 cent Soft Drinks
Free Parking

After doing some calculations, I figure each item actually cost me about $2.00. Each item consists of Parking, Admission, Meals, and Drinks.
Should be even better with the 2016 Free Refills All Season Long Souvenir Cup! I think Cedar Fair needs to consider an "Easy Way to Pay" Create wristbands, or Money on the Season Pass Card. I hate carrying around cash, and lose change at the parks. Zippered pockets are mandatory for me. I usually don't carry around much cash, if I don't need it.
I also think CW should consider a snack bucket. Buy a bucket at the beginning of the Season for $10-$12, and get .99 cent refills on popcorn and cotton candy all season long. Same idea as the souvenir cup. There is also the option of doing a Funnel Cake All Season Long Pass. Funnel Cakes sell like crazy, and I am sure that a lot of people would be interested in this idea.

Return to “General Discussion”