Login   Register   FAQ   Search 

Postby Ty-rant_13 » May 11, 2014 9:16 am

I saw quite a bit of progress with the appearance of Wonder Mountain on my trip to the park yesterday, but my phone was out of room, so I didn't really get any photos... :(

The place where the track enters Wonder Mountain has been cleaned up substantially with new concrete (though I'm not sure if it's done yet), and there is rebar around the sections of Wonder Mountain that were cut out for the supports to be put in, (around the turn before the "plummet" into the mountain) so that should be covered soon! I think they've done a lot of work on the base of the lift as well, though I didn't get a great look at it because I was distracted by something else:
They have put in some wood posts/pillars right outside the queue entrance. It looks like they're going to install some sort of canopy just outside of that queue tunnel (perhaps because of the track overhead?). They had two more wood pillars right by the path next to the queue as well, one on either side of the queue entrance. Oddly enough, the one on the West side (closer to the washroom entrance) was on the opposite side of the Guardian sign (so from left to right it goes: washroom, post, sign, queue, post). I don't really know what to think of these. At the moment they seem kind of... misplaced. I'm sure whatever they're doing with these will look fine once they're done, but in the meantime, I'm slightly confused. :? Now on to the BIG news!

Wonder Mountain's Guardian is testing!

They were running several trains yesterday throughout the day at frequent intervals (about every thirty to forty-five seconds)! I have posted two videos on this facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1393572144262792 Towards the end of the day, I noticed they had some trains running with water dummies and others without. Also, when I was in the mountain washrooms, I noticed I could hear the ride overhead, so that was kind of funny! I'm still hoping it'll be open next weekend, before they open full time!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!

Ty-rant_13

Junior CWManiac

Postby Dom497 » May 11, 2014 9:36 am

Awesome! Shouldn't be too long until the ride opens.
Dom497

CWManiac

Postby RealisticTrain » May 11, 2014 9:38 am

This is kinda making me feel like they might be open next weekend :D They're probably either doing basic test runs or doing some location training for the staff. Either way, I'm getting hopeful!
RealisticTrain

Junior CWManiac

Postby DantheMan » May 11, 2014 9:47 am

Wow, those trains are moving a lot faster along that section of track that I had expected. The excitement is building!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein

DantheMan

Admin

Postby mdc1271 » May 11, 2014 10:17 am

Awesome news! Looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait
mdc1271

Junior CWManiac

Postby sheldonmans14 » May 11, 2014 12:33 pm

I'm pumped for Guardian. I'm so happy it is almost ready! I got to get to the park soon...
Haunt is gone.
Behemoth Ride Count: 89
Leviathan Ride Count: 8

sheldonmans14

Postby RealisticTrain » May 11, 2014 12:33 pm

Anybody know if they are testing today?
RealisticTrain

Junior CWManiac

Postby loop-de-loop » May 11, 2014 1:26 pm

The train really flies quickly into the mountain, I can't wait to ride it.

loop-de-loop

Junior CWManiac

Postby Duck » May 11, 2014 3:45 pm

Talked to some employees today who were coming out of the mountain with hard hats on. They were regular wonderland staff who were in there sweeping and performing general clean-up.
I've ridden 445 different coasters around the world.

Duck

CWManiac

Postby HAUNT MANIAC » May 11, 2014 5:35 pm

May seventeenth . . . 5 1 7 1 4 . . . I don't know the signifigance either, but . . .

HAUNT MANIAC

Junior CWManiac

Postby droptowerfan » May 11, 2014 5:48 pm

^ that's got me thinking tho... May 17 next year will be big... 51715... LET THE 2015 RUMOURS FLY!

in all seriousness though, I'm really pumped for guardian, & am pretty shocked how fast the train goes into the mountain.

I too think there's going to be a drop track,a backward launch, or maybe both for the finale... Plus maybe even some pyro if we're lucky.
Top 5 CW Coasters: 1: Leviathan 2: Skyrider 3: Behemoth 4: Backlot 5: Minebuster
Check me out on YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/ultradude306
droptowerfan

Junior CWManiac

Postby kunpc1 » May 11, 2014 6:20 pm

No testing this afternoon but here are some pictures of the construction areas. Better quality pics (plus all the previous ones that were lost) will be posted over the next two days.

image.jpg
Station/queue entrance area.

image.jpg
Close-up of above

image.jpg
Turn-around from station to lift (and exit path below)

image.jpg
Close-up of the turn out of the mountain

image.jpg
Lots of work has been done to the mountain - still quite a bit to do

image.jpg
Another view of where Guardian will enter the mountain near Vortex's lift
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney

kunpc1

Postby twisterfreak » May 11, 2014 6:24 pm

I was going to post pictures but Kunpc1 beat me too it lol! There was quite a bit of banging this afternoon by the entrance as well you could see (barely) a scissor lift if you looked through the big hole where the lift hill starts.
2012 Ride Count: Leviathan: 53 Behemoth: 43 Minebuster: 2 Backlot: 5 Skyrider: 2
2013 Ride Count: Leviathan: 5 Behemoth: 4 Gatekeeper: 6 Wicked Twisterf: 6 TTD: 6 Millennium Force: 4
twisterfreak

CWManiac

Postby HAUNT MANIAC » May 11, 2014 10:08 pm

mmmmm . . . what is a scissor lift?

HAUNT MANIAC

Junior CWManiac

Postby DantheMan » May 11, 2014 10:09 pm

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein

DantheMan

Admin

PreviousNext